Nicknames Pt. 2: Electric Boogaloo

Miles

1. 1.

Since it seems Kydashing's suggestion thread has mysteriously disappeared (or maybe I can't find it), I'm going to slowly explain, once again, why there's no reason not to have them in a future update.

1. There's no official way to customize Pokemon without nicknames. That's why we need them.

2. If the chat censor is good enough for chat, then it's good enough for nicknames. That's why we should have them.

So refute me. Note: when I say "we," I exclusively mean people who care about nicknames, including myself.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't think it's a priority for them, especially with Hoenn coming out.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."

45477 I just don't think it's a priority for them, especially with Hoenn coming out.

This isn't about priority; the problem is that several staff members have stated nicknames will never happen.

Oh interesting, did they say why?

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."

Nicknames are just a bad idea in general. Can't tell you how many things would be inappropriately named. Even if a filter were able to catch most english swearing there's no way it could catch slang, and various languages.

dweiRlA.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

But Lentz, then why can we name ourselves? People can override the naming filter too when they create their names. Same with chat. Just people monitor it like mods and gms monitor chat. So why not ban people who are reported to nickname their pokemon illicit names? I think that is just fine. No one can stop someone from passing filter. It is what we do to punish them after they have already said and done it.

SUGGESTION: Anyways how about this....instead of making it only allowable to name pokemon. How about we make there a price...a big one. $5? 200-300k in game money? This new idea could make it more feasible to do. People would be less inclined to name their pokemon a bad name because there was a big price for it. I know I would buy that. Why? Because I want to be different and feel more connected with this game with my pokemon. Not only this but people (good people) can report others for bad/vulgar naming of pokes too so thats also a plus! You can even put a warning note when they go to buy a "naming token" that punishment will occur if there is vulgarity in the name.

This is just a suggestion. But its something new to the table. Please take this with an open mind and consider it. I would love to see naming of pokes even if it cost me 500k/ 10 dollars! I wouldnt care! Thank you :)

2wgyt5d.jpg

There is quite a large difference between players and pokemon. There are only around 1500 players on give or take a few. There are going to be millions of pokemon.. nobody has time to moderate that.

dweiRlA.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

45905 There is quite a large difference between players and pokemon. There are only around 1500 players on give or take a few. There are going to be millions of pokemon.. nobody has time to moderate that.

So with my new idea you think those 1500 of people are going to buy lets say $5-$10 dollars worth of MILLIONS of naming tokens? I doubt that sir. I think my idea would limit that amount of pokemon that are named and would make it more feasible. Make it worth 200 coins and make it like mounts so that they are not tradeable. Only YOU can buy it (but you can still buy coins for it which i think is fine). Come on Lents ;D. This idea of mine would even help the server due to it being buyable.

And its not just mods/gms that are "moderating it" anyone in game can take a pic of someone who posts their poke up with bad name and report it. Also, who is gonna buy 5-10 dollars worth of a naming token just to name a crappy name? If they do that they are gonna want to post it..what do we do then? Report it and confiscate their pokemon. I would like to hear from other mods/gms/devs about my idea too so please let them know about it Lentz :) thank you!

2wgyt5d.jpg