Nicknames Pt. 2: Electric Boogaloo

Miles

1. 1.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if there were a way to name pokemon I'm sure it would be revoked. You must remember this is the same community that made it necessary to remove the option of caps.

dweiRlA.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Even if there were a way to name pokemon I'm sure it would be revoked. You must remember this is the same community that made it necessary to remove the option of caps.

From Forum Rules:

3. Toxicity towards users and community as whole will be sanctioned and discipline measure will be taken.

"Maybe love is just an economy based on resource scarcity,

but what I fail to see, is what that's got to do with you and me"

-Father John Misty

46811 Even if there were a way to name pokemon I'm sure it would be revoked. You must remember this is the same community that made it necessary to remove the option of caps.

You ever gonna stop blaming the community for things, or nah? If anything, blame yourselves for whinging at the faintest hint of a fully capitalized word.

Idk why you keep referring to me as "Yourselves" I am one person non-staff. And I didn't think explaining that this is the community that made the staff want 5o take away caps would be considered toxic.

dweiRlA.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

46829 Idk why you keep referring to me as "Yourselves" I am one person non-staff. And I didn't think explaining that this is the community that made the staff want 5o take away caps would be considered toxic.

Oh, good point. Fixed. Unfixed; you're still staff. And forget caps, let's get back on topic.

I'm just going to be blunt. As a player. I would love to be able to name my pokemon. As a former staff member I see a decent community, but the fact they still constantly have to ban people for bad names is bad. Nicknaming would be great, but I really don't see it as a possibility. You never know what the future can hold.

dweiRlA.png

46843 I'm just going to be blunt. As a player. I would love to be able to name my pokemon. As a former staff member I see a decent community, but the fact they still constantly have to ban people for bad names is bad. Nicknaming would be great, but I really don't see it as a possibility. You never know what the future can hold.

+1 for a well formulated response, complete with support for your assertions. There's nothing wrong with being blunt, but you've gotta provide some evidence when you make statements like "literally not feasible."

Yeah I'm sure as a mod, it sucks having to constantly ban people for using bad names and stuff. And the moderators probably have an even harder time keeping up with chat, which constantly scrolls on and on, filled with people cursing or evading the filter etc etc. But nicknames for pokemon are such a core concept of this franchise that I truly believe the pros outweigh the cons, and that the extra work for the mods is worth it to allow for nicknames. Having never been a mod, maybe it's easier for me to say that.

I also think making nicknames a money sink would help alleviate the problem. Who is gonna spend their hard earned pokedollars (or valuable IRL money) just to make a nickname that's gonna get them banned? Maybe some people - but a LOT of the troublemakers who would otherwise abuse the filter would be out of the equation. There could even be a warning message that pops up when you're about to nickname a poke, reminding users that they could face serious consequences if they choose an inappropriate nickname

"Maybe love is just an economy based on resource scarcity,

but what I fail to see, is what that's got to do with you and me"

-Father John Misty