Breaking sleep clause by accident

Guanxi

Yup I was in this too lol.

I remember, when i accidentally broke the clause due to misclick. I as soon as possible pm the guy and said sorry. Then he goes raging and threatening me that he'll report. So I offered a deal for him, "I'll u win, in return, u wont report me". he was about to lose at that time tho :Crazy:

I wonder what happen if you're get banned from breaking the sleep clause. What is it by the way ?

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

350120 Hello everyone, I believe I'm not the only person who would occasionally forget about putting a Pokemon to sleep and then breaking the sleep clause accidentally. Up until now the players I've had issue with were happy with me just disconnecting or letting them win

How many times has this happened? How do you just "forget" about the sleep clause multiple times

Like 3 out of my 500 games?

350694 Do u actually know the feelings of your opponent when you put his/her 2 pokemon into sleep because of your silly mistake :Bored:

I don't get your feelings. Why would you feel bad if you opponent proposed to surrender once they realize they've broken the rules? Is the winning that game not enough to make up for their mistake? I don't get how exactly are we supposed to feel when we're about to win the game... it's pretty obvious to me.

If the solution is agreed between players and whoever broke the clause logs off to throw the match, I've never known there to be another punishment on top of that, staff would always rather players reach an agreement when possible over reporting each other

though if someones doing it constantly then it would need to be investigated

You're definitely not the only one. I hadn't used any sleeping moves for ages but once i started using i forgot some times as well. I just disconnect too if it happens. Hopefully people aren't getting banned if they disconnect after their mistake. We're only human after all.

350726 If the solution is agreed between players and whoever broke the clause logs off to throw the match, I've never known there to be another punishment on top of that, staff would always rather players reach an agreement when possible over reporting each other

350726 If the solution is agreed between players and whoever broke the clause logs off to throw the match, I've never known there to be another punishment on top of that, staff would always rather players reach an agreement when possible over reporting each other

Can we create a hypotheitcal situation? OK

So;

Player1: Uses Sleep Powder on opponents Pokemon.

Some turns pass by.

Player1 has calculated that the sleeping pokemon should, if not, wake up by now. So then;

Player1:Uses Sleep Powder

However, as Player1 chooses Sleep Powder as the next move, Player2 switches out to another Pokemon.

And the Pokemon that barely switched in became asleep. There are now 2 Pokemon asleep, Player1 has broken the sleep cause. Player2 has become triggered, and confronts Player1 about what just happened. Player1 then offers to log off and forfeit the match, Player2 agrees.

Player2 reports Player1.

Should Player1 suffer any punishment on top of a forfeited match?

350804 -snip-

Comes under same as my last post, player 1 has already effectively punished themselves so punishing them again would be pointless, unless they were reported for doing it often, in which case it would be investigated why the break the clause so often

But player 1 should also speak to player 2 about what they plan to do and why as an agreement is always preferable though if player 2 shunned an attempt to correct the situation it wouldn't be viewed in a good light by staff, also player 1 should keep screenshots themselves as evidence, if player 1 just randomly logged out then player 2 will have no idea whats going on XD