Option to not use mouse.

Phaedrus

Hello all, This idea won't appeal to everyone, but, if implemented it won't effect anyone that doesn't like it either. So here it is.

My issue is that I use the keyboard to play this game with my left hand, and I'm vaping, eating or doing other things with my right hand. (Yeah-yeah... let's keep this child friendly please)

Another situation where I would want to use keyboard only is if I'm lying back on the couch and i have no good mouse surface, this would be fine for UI elements such as pokedex/bag because they aren't use as often vs when you're searching for abras all day or grinding for whatever reason. It really annoys me and throws me off when I get used to playing on the keyboard and for some reason I have to use the mouse to throw a poke ball. It just doesn't fit when I have to grab the mouse after using keyboard-only for the previous 30 minutes.

For instance, I am playing with my left hand only and vaping with my right. I can already do MOST things using only the keyboard but there are still some things that you have to use the mouse for such as: Pressing the green okay button for surf - selecting the pokemon that has dig - using any items in battle ect... I'm only asking that you allow us to press the space bar or enter button to begin surfing - press a number button on the keyboard to select the dig pokemon - and being able to scroll through items in battle with the w/s buttons or up and down arrow buttons and then press space bar or enter to use it.

You can still allow players to use the mouse for these actions like it is now, but for people like me it would make a massive difference being able to forget about the mouse in-game. That being said, I understand how much work it would be to create hotkeys to open your bag/pokedex/other UI elements. But, the suggestions from the paragraph above should be relatively easy to introduce.

I personally think this would be a massively positive move for the game to make, allowing better use of game pad controllers and appealing to linux users like myself who consider the mouse to be very inefficient to begin with. And hopefully eventually, as the game develops, we can have hotkeys for the out-of-battle UI elements as well. ie. press B button for bag - press O button for social - T for trainer card - ect...

Phaedrus in the hizzouse!

Agreed to this :y: i wish they could put hotkeys for different functions like pressing letter "B" for opening the backpack and such. I wish they do! When i first played PRO you know what? i pressed B to check my inventory :confused: Gonna support you for this bru!

sigpic453695_6.png

There are hotkeys while in battle, 1 - Battle, 2 - Pokemon, 3 - Bag, 4 - Run and 1-4 can be used for selecting moves and 1-6 for selecting Pokemon but due to many items in bag, there are no hotkeys for bag items.

While others can be implemented but not priority atm.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.