tournament ideas

Guest notblackjack

thing is with gen 6 exp mechanics its actually easy to get a poke to lvl 100 in no time if done right, and from what i heard flat battles arent a priority at all :/

however it would be cool if it quickly becomes clear what lvls we gonna use as i have some UTs already that i dont wanna touch yet as i dont know what level they need in the end

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thing is with gen 6 exp mechanics its actually easy to get a poke to lvl 100 in no time if done right, and from what i heard flat battles arent a priority at all :/

however it would be cool if it quickly becomes clear what lvls we gonna use as i have some UTs already that i dont wanna touch yet as i dont know what level they need in the end

Its probably pretty safe to assume that you can EV train them and get them to level 50 at the least

thing is that levelign from 1-97 is pretty easy if done right, but at those levels the exp needed kinda explode.

leveling to 50 right now isnt really an option since i would need to evolve them too and i will evolve them at the last level needed as pokes need more exp on higher evolution stages here

Its probably pretty safe to assume that you can EV train them and get them to level 50 at the least

But with Dragon's Den being a thing why would you want to stop at 50

Most everyones story liners should be around 50 or 60 before the reach dragons den anyways so I dont know that this isnt a reason NOT to have a 50's meta. Although leveling isnt hard, leveling 7 gengars to 100 with different move sets isnt exactly what id call a good time either.

I used to be GymLeaderGreen, VVVV Master Race 4 Lyfe

2YECJDc.png

But with Dragon's Den being a thing why would you want to stop at 50

Most everyones story liners should be around 50 or 60 before the reach dragons den anyways so I dont know that this isnt a reason NOT to have a 50's meta. Although leveling isnt hard, leveling 7 gengars to 100 with different move sets isnt exactly what id call a good time either.

According to the previously mentioned ruleset, you shouldn't be leveling 7 Gengars anyway.

According to the previously mentioned ruleset, you shouldn't be leveling 7 Gengars anyway.

If my post was confusing for you, you need to never post in a thread referring to comp play ever again.

like seriously, never ever again.

I used to be GymLeaderGreen, VVVV Master Race 4 Lyfe

2YECJDc.png

coming back to the topic of 50s or 100s:

from what i see ingame people already leveling their comps to 100, and i think it will stay that way in the future.

i think its actually good that way.

- leveling in dragons den is incredibly easy, only lvl 99 to 100 is a longer grind but imo rare candies will be a demanded ressource for that (there is one respawning in viridian and u can get them via digging too) and from what i heard cerulean cave will be slightly higher in levels too (unconfirmed)

- some pokemon learn important moves on higher levels

- i havent tried it yet but with lower evolution it could actually be even hard to keep your pokes below 50 while eving

- TTar and Dragonite for example who evolve level 55

but we are still far away from doing real comp here, too many items / moves / abilities missing yet, but i look forward to the future ;)