Don't Force Players Having Them To Rechallenge NPC's

Universal

It's annoying when i take a week off due to school and work then coming back on just to be force to challene npc's that i already beat.Please make it toggle-able.If not i don't see myself playing this game for long sadly. =[

But will you guys work on making then optional in the future? I would be really happy to know at least. Also Sinnoh is comming which means you guys should release it having already coded optional NPCs after the first battle for the story.

Not only these teleporters are completely useless since we have the subway already, also if we are in the route it means we want to hunt or do daily quests but we are kept busy cleaning these worthless NPCs wasting hours of playing each week...

This is the only real negative aspect for me this game has even with all the flaws and is the only thing keeping me off the game too so I really hope you guys do something about it in the future.

But will you guys work on making then optional in the future? I would be really happy to know at least. Also Sinnoh is comming which means you guys should release it having already coded optional NPCs after the first battle for the story.

Not only these teleporters are completely useless since we have the subway already, also if we are in the route it means we want to hunt or do daily quests but we are kept busy cleaning these worthless NPCs wasting hours of playing each week...

This is the only real negative aspect for me this game has even with all the flaws and is the only thing keeping me off the game too so I really hope you guys do something about it in the future.

Regarding rebattling NPC's, as posted in the link Frux shared, it is not possible to do because it would require recoding the entire NPC system. Sinnoh's release is not related to this at all.

Rebattling NPCs is a great way to farm money, level up lower pokemon, and in general there are few trainers in a route that are unskippable. If you're rebattling, you should be higher because you beat them before, yes? To suggest you waste hours a week rebattling NPCs simply isn't true. When you're low level/doing story, the trainer battles let you level up. When you're endgame, you either have level 100s on your team to wipe the NPCs easily or you can pay to skip them.

To avoid some rebattles, I would suggest having pokemon with all HMs, as using cut/surf/dig will allow you to bypass large chunks of some major routes and caves.

PurpleMauth did you actually read my post? I didn't mean in any way that I wanted the NPCs removed, just only made it so after 1 week you defeated them they would rebattle ONLY if you talked with them. So anyone would be free to skip when they don't feel like battling a npc that gives 10 dollars after 2 minutes waiting for it throwing their 6 lv 5 magikarps to get slaughtered.

Also how are you playing the game? Every week a lot of players myself inclued need to clean a lot routes if they want to headbutt some trees, dig some caves, do excavations or go to the end of the world to farm some pokes.

The teleport mechanic is still useless if you want to do that. You can already skip routes by going from city to city with the subway how i mentioned before and if you have to use the teleport mechanic everytime just to skip some npcs (you'll still find yourself cleaning most of them if you want to daily task) you'll be broken within no time, as each day passes farming money gets a bit harder, as the demand for better pokes increases everyday and the itens you can sell are rarer to get than last year (used to farm 100k in about a week, not anymore).

-snip

It can be done actually but will have to rework entire NPCs which also include ones on storylines from Kanto upto present. Which in my opinion would take almost a year or so. As said its too (superultramega) tedious for just a simple feature. Is it worth the wait? Would people willing to wait even for a single feature update?

but iirc theyre looking for possible ways to implement it, thats why they put those teleport abras&co. for the mean time. Or might be forever :Frown:

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

-snip

It can be done actually but will have to rework entire NPCs which also include ones on storylines from Kanto upto present. Which in my opinion would take almost a year or so. As said its too (superultramega) tedious for just a simple feature. Is it worth the wait? Would people willing to wait even for a single feature update?

but iirc theyre looking for possible ways to implement it, thats why they put those teleport abras&co. for the mean time. Or might be forever :Frown:

Believe me it is. I have talked with a bunch of friends online and we agree that even if it would take a while to change we still want the npcs optional after the first defeat. Every day I'm reading complaints about the NPCs keeping them and other players from doing trades, hunts, bosses and such because they don't want to waste hours just for that, not until they feel like doing it.

Really I dunno why making them optional is such a bad thing as players would still be able to fight them when they want (after the week cd in pro case) like in the original games..

Until then it's only Sinnoh for me and although I'm not a hardcore player like some I've made progress that even players with the same amount of hours played hasn't achieved so I've played this game enough to feel that intolerance growing everytime I would do all digs, important hbs, excavation and those npcs stopping me from doing each of those in half an hour each. It's just too much work for nothing, you can get better farm from money and exp in cerulean cave/dragons shrine each battle than a bunch of lv20-30 npcs that sometimes give the same as a lv 3 poke.