New Players Guide

Yuno4490

Catch pidgey and mankey. Both level up fast. In second city you have to go school. If boss beats you, than you need to go back and call his mom. Than his mom will come to school and pull his ear.

Pidgey level up fast and it is strong. Mankey is needed for defeating Brock. If you picked charmander; you really need Mankey. After you defeat Geodude, Brock uses an Onix. Onix has fantastic def and high spd so it attacks before you and this is very weird. You can find ponyta at mankeys map and a rare grass pokemon is Budew can be find in pikachu bug map if i am not wrong. And Budew is very common in other regions. Rapidashs all stats are lower than charizard.

I think you level up faster if you dont evolve and if you use a pokemon not catched by you. So traded pokemons level up faster. Move buffet teach you old moves for 2000 so dont worry for moves. Some pokemons level up 2 times faster than others. Weak pokemons level up faster and leveling up strong pokemons is like a punishment.

Stats are base+IV+EV/2 if i am not wrong. Most important thing is you can easily raise your weak stats. HP is mostly get higher by leveling up. HP used for countering true damage. Some moves deal true dmg. You can boost your strong def and become immune to some attacks or you boost your weak def and make your pokemon balanced. Boosting high stats is a very bad tactic. Most players go full dmg and spd and we can see tanky pokemons can be immortal. Nature of pokemon directly gives -+%10 which is most effective thing and it is better if you boost your high base with this.

- Moved to proper place -

Please create your guides in the appropriate location. Thanks

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Mankey is needed for defeating Brock. If you picked charmander; you really need Mankey.

Mankey is not needed in all case, with Bulbasaur or Squirtle in starter, you don't need Mankey. If you pick Charmander or Pikachu, so yes, you need an other Pokemon. But not only Mankey, others are : Budew in Viridian Forest in Morning-Day, Poliwag in Route 22 in Night, and others.

You can find ponyta at mankeys map and a rare grass pokemon is Budew can be find in pikachu bug map if i am not wrong.
Ponyta-Mankey: Route 22 / Budew : Viridian Forest.

And Budew is very common in other regions.
The rarity tiers for Budew is 5 in all area. It's the same for all region.

Rapidashs all stats are lower than charizard.
Not really, Rapidash and Charizard have not the same type, Rapidash is Fire and Charizard is Fire-Fly. Rapidash will be used for ATK, and Charizard for SPATK. So, this two PKM will not have the same use.

I think you level up faster if you dont evolve and if you use a pokemon not catched by you. So traded pokemons level up faster.
No, traded PKM will not level up faster. But yes, if you don't evolve PKM, you will need less experience for leveling. You can find details on: https://prowiki.info/index.php?title=Experience_System

Stats are base+IV+EV/2 if i am not wrong.

The formula for Statistic is:

So, not even close x)

I recommand you to play a little more the game before doing some guides. Others players already did guides to help news players :y:

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9

I dont know but Budew is not able to defeat Geodude. Maybe Budew need a stronger move than absorb. I dont know about other grass pokemons if they can win.
Damage Calculator: https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

Budew Lv 12 Bold SPATK 01 IV with Absorb vs. Geodude Lv 15 Careful 31 IV SPDEF & HP : 16-24 (39 - 58.5%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Geodude Type Rock-Ground : *4 Weakness Grass => No better Pokemon than Budew. Except Poliwag because Geodude has also *4 weakness water (same for Onix).

So, if you don't troll, like i say: "I recommand you to play a little more the game before doing some guides." If you troll, stop post on forum please :y:

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9

Somehow my Budew get 2 hit KOed and absorb dealing less than %10 damage. It feels like rock throw is super effective. In early levels level makes too much difference and Budew doesnt have resistance to rock.