Goodbye PRO.

So here we are. After almost 1500 hours spent in the game it's time for me to officially say goodbye to the game. :boot:

For the people that know me, i've always been the silent always-present guy. The guy that was initially checking nobody would get trolled in Help chat when having struggles with story-line, that then moved to gifting random new players the 'epic but not enough' pokes i was farming and finally help several of the ladder players with effective team-comps or not-smogon ev spreads to the point of getting dozens pms as soon as i'd login. Were you helpful and positively contributed in some way to the PRO community? Then you'd get all the time in the world from me.

However, mine is a bittersweet ending, lots of good memories but also very annoying reasons that led me to this decision. From the awesome feeling of helping the 'where do i get a soda for the guard?' guy to the realization this game will never be what we all want and not for technical reasons.

Why do i quit? Honestly there are various reasons why, and no 'why aren't X or Y banned' is not one of them :Smile:

First of all the lack of effort-related reward. Luck is all that matters, after so many hours it's pretty clear. Spawn system is completely flawed, legendary pokemons are more frustrating than rewarding.

Secondly, the fact that i keep seeing people that SEVERELY broke rules happily playing and break the rules over and over again without repercussion. From the most known botters on Blue server (come on, there is NO WAY you cannot see that) to my most recent experience in which a player fake-bid me and on my report topic it came out a staff member not only did not punish but actually was the one suggesting the player to do so. 'Sorry for the inconvenience' is not enough anymore i'm afraid. How will that player behave in the future? Well you can just imagine, he will be doing it over and over again and more decent people will suffer from it. This time I paid the price and my last bit of motivation went down the drain. Just a pity, not to punish a guy that broke the rules you wrote and risk losing him, you instead lose a player that is nowhere close to perfection but at least tried his best to have a positive influence. But hey, your loss.

Last not least, the fact that there is no way players will ever be listened. This thread will probably disappear or some sarcastic or unrespectful comments will come from the people that were indirectly mentioned. The stubbornness and lack of interest in what the community has to say destroys the motivation and simply drives the good players away or turns them towards a more toxic behavior. You are losing normal players (remeber we had queues? when was last one?), you are losing staff members. Now even diehard veterans are moving forward. Maybe it's time to wake up? I sincerly hope it's not too late.

/vent out :kiss:

All in all, i had an amazing experience in the majority of the hours spent in this game. A big thank you goes to the people i played with, of course to my guildies and friends. Special thanks to Bentehn, who alone manages to bring some smiles and a touch of niceness this game REALLY needs. You should all learn from her.

I guess that's all from me. For one last time, my signature pokemon i used to spam (and i mean, can you blame me?)cc92d1bd7f.png

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sad to see you leave, you're one of the nicest people in PRO. I'm fortunate to have met you. What's more saddening is the recent events that have taken place and caused you to make this decision. It would've been expected from PRO that they stuck to their rules instead of reverting to alternative ways to settle the issue and have you as the only one on the losing end of things. Sucks really, don't really know what else to say.

Very unfortunate for me & the rest of the community who will no longer get the privilege of having you in game. I hope you still stick around & help us n00bs. <3

Sad to see you leave and i'm sorry you feel that way. Good luck in your future adventures Nechrit :y:

IPHwLrn.png

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use the proper forum.

<i></i>

Omg nech, I came home from work, made coffee, turned on the predator and goes in discord: There it was... your goodbye to pro...jeez nech, this is a sad moment for me.

But well, i knew the day would come, and sadly this is the day.

First of all: thank you so much for believing in me and all your hard work to make me understand the natures, abilities, the importance of the right iv and traing ev in the right way too... to make me see the different between attack and special attack, what moves should be used on this and that..... to even teaching me how to-and where to hunt and level with the right items.... etc

Next i will thank you for trying/working very, very hard to make me pvp, but i am still fighting the fight ;) and i am still a noob... (sorry) xd.. but i will never give up, nech, even though i have "cryed like a baby" many times, as you use to tell me.

Nechrit, Dany Targaryen The Dragonmaster; Thank you so much for being my best friend ever, in here and outside.

Love from Bente bentehn <3

BenS.gif