Help me upgrade my team!

Fitygrands

Hey guys,

I have playing pvp. I am have been doing okay i guess, ranging from normally 100-150. Of course I want to do much better. I am still sort of new to pvp but I am getting better w/ switching pokes in and our and understanding how to win. This is the current team I am running.

LgsMT0N.png

AK5bNOj.png

5EhQbw7.png

eZ5bpnf.png

lZVSeK1.png

VNq1X5B.png

When I win, I normally am able to switch pokemon in and out easily. I have a lot of success against gengars, since they are normally sent out against my clefable or vapereon then I can easily switch to either bisharp or garchomp. I find I lose when a good tanks come out, such as Blissy or Slowbro. Even thought I have moves set up against both (blaziken and bisharp for blissy and clefairy for slowbro) i still normally lose against them. Any help you can give me with pokes to put in or take out would be extremely helpful. Thank you!

Just quick glancing at your team, Vaporeon isn't a really competitve pokemon as it gets outclassed by a lot of things in our meta.

Bold clefable tends to be better, as you want to use it as a tank to sponge up things rather than it dealing damage.

You've got way too many pokemon that serve the same purpose (Garchomp, blaziken, Bisharp, Talonflame). They are all physical attackers, and are all revenge killers that rely on having a safe switch in cause they're a little bit frail. All four of them have swords dance and all have similar movesets (multiple brave birds, multiple fire moves). I would maybe suggest adding a special attacker? Gengar, Hydreigon, Volcarona (thought not if you have talonflame cause double death to stealth rock), Starmie, H.A Espeon, etc.

I would also cut something for a Donphan. That way you have rapid spin to help preserve Talonflame and Stealth rocks to set up.

Finally, take that shell bell of your talonflame. Sharp Beak or Life orb or leftovers if you really need that recovery for whatever reason. Talonflame is a nuke. So make sure it's powerful.

Just quick glancing at your team, Vaporeon isn't a really competitve pokemon as it gets outclassed by a lot of things in our meta.

Bold clefable tends to be better, as you want to use it as a tank to sponge up things rather than it dealing damage.

You've got way too many pokemon that serve the same purpose (Garchomp, blaziken, Bisharp, Talonflame). They are all physical attackers, and are all revenge killers that rely on having a safe switch in cause they're a little bit frail. All four of them have swords dance and all have similar movesets (multiple brave birds, multiple fire moves). I would maybe suggest adding a special attacker? Gengar, Hydreigon, Volcarona (thought not if you have talonflame cause double death to stealth rock), Starmie, H.A Espeon, etc.

I would also cut something for a Donphan. That way you have rapid spin to help preserve Talonflame and Stealth rocks to set up.

Finally, take that shell bell of your talonflame. Sharp Beak or Life orb or leftovers if you really need that recovery for whatever reason. Talonflame is a nuke. So make sure it's powerful.

I was thinking I had too many physical attackers. I am not sure what would be best to take out though and what to replace it since each one targets a specific type. I would likely remove my bisharp since it does not help me much, and I could replace him with a donphan. My issue is that I cannot remove both blaziken and bisharp since they are the only two that know fighting moves which helps me with a ton of pokes. I think I could replace my vaporeon with a starmie and that would do just as well since it would have a similar moveset...

A donphan i think would do really well on my team. stealth rock is more or less instant death for me. i could put ice shard on it and then maybe I could replace starmie for something else... going to have to look at the special attackers and see what ones would help me the best.

As for my clefable, I found that if i can just use one or two cosmic powers, normally can tank through anything plus have high attack. I have been tried catching a decent bold one, but couldnt get on that would be better than this. However, if a bold one would do that much better, I will go back and get one. Thanks for that advice bud. Gonna go try and find a good donphan first.

Personaly i would replace blaziken rather then bisharp.

If you decide to keep it i would recomend thunder punch or rock slide over brave bird to hit talon on the switch in or to do some damage to azumaril if u survive aqua jet.

If u decide go with bisharp i would sugest knock of over low kick.

Frankly i don't know how you have problems with blissy with so many SD physical attackers.

On the special side you should consider magnet pull magnezone.

Its a very usefull pokemon even without hp fire.

Starmie was allready mentioned.

Another one is tentacruel (bold or timid). It has rapid spin, its good against faries, it resists 4 common priority moves, has scald, very useful poke al round but go with starmie if u can get a good timid nc one.

Personaly i would replace blaziken rather then bisharp.

If you decide to keep it i would recomend thunder punch or rock slide over brave bird to hit talon on the switch in or to do some damage to azumaril if u survive aqua jet.

If u decide go with bisharp i would sugest knock of over low kick.

Frankly i don't know how you have problems with blissy with so many SD physical attackers.

On the special side you should consider magnet pull magnezone.

Its a very usefull pokemon even without hp fire.

Starmie was allready mentioned.

Another one is tentacruel (bold or timid). It has rapid spin, its good against faries, it resists 4 common priority moves, has scald, very useful poke al round but go with starmie if u can get a good timid nc one.

My issue with blissy is normally my blaziken is the first to go on my team and then i only have bisharp w/ life orb and he can die very easily. Then I have the issue of not being able to kill blissy. But that only happens when they have another tank, like slowbro.

Tentacruel might work better than donphan since i would have to replace my vapereon and I would like to have a water poke. As for replacing bisharp or blaziken, I would have to test how both work. I am unsure what would be best. Thanks for the advice bud.