Spectate Battles

Zfade

I would like to make a suggestion for your game For players to be able to Spectate in other people's battles Like a log screen of all the PVP battles in the current region you are in I think it would be a nice Little addition to the game. (Thank your for your time and please consider!) :Angel:

I've always liked the idea of spectating battles. However, I think it should be limited to only non ranked friendly battles.

If you were able to watch PVP battles, some problematic situations arise:

1. A higher level player (or any player really) who might draw an audience would be unable to ever have any privacy or secrecy to their team. People would be able to see what teams/moves they were using all the time.

2. Likewise, if you played a few PVP matches you could see who is around your skill level, watch them battle other players, then build teams around what your opponents are using to directly counter them.

I'm not trying to say that these situations would for sure happen, however all it takes is a couple people to abuse the system before it gets ruined for everyone.

Well, see this is already happening people are countering against others anyway and I think the point of Pokemon. Is to counter what the other person has and master your Pokemon (can't win them all)

Like you are right people can counter if they were allowed to Spectate... Small nerf to this just give the player an option button to "disable spectating or enable spectating".

• 4 weeks later...

I've always liked the idea of spectating battles. However, I think it should be limited to only non ranked friendly battles.

If you were able to watch PVP battles, some problematic situations arise:

1. A higher level player (or any player really) who might draw an audience would be unable to ever have any privacy or secrecy to their team. People would be able to see what teams/moves they were using all the time.

2. Likewise, if you played a few PVP matches you could see who is around your skill level, watch them battle other players, then build teams around what your opponents are using to directly counter them.

I'm not trying to say that these situations would for sure happen, however all it takes is a couple people to abuse the system before it gets ruined for everyone.

Your two problems can be solved by just adding the "don't allow ppl to spectate my matches" option, so that for people to spectate a pvp battle, both players must have this option disabled.

[glow=black]A limitless gratitude[/glow]