Spawn Rates

Sk8trgod618

I did 300 encounters last night before bed in Meteor Falls B1F 2R and found 0 Bagon. I woke up early and did 100 encounters this morning before work, 0 Bagon. I got home from work and did 310 encounters, 0 bagon. I don't even want to play now. This reminds me too much of when blue server was new and only kanto and johto were out. I did 1193 encounters for 1 Absol in Mt. Silver 3F, after doing 1250 encounters in Dragons Den for 1 Bagon. :Cry:

I still have a personal opinion that the spawn rates of Extremely Rare Pokemon are not Human-friendly.

I'll never bot, but if anything pushes a player towards botting, it's this.

True

I am currently on my second rage quit just for the spawn rate, Currently the game is more pve than pvp because create competitive teams take too much time.

i hope sinnoh get released soon to back

094-mega.gif

I did 300 encounters last night before bed in Meteor Falls B1F 2R and found 0 Bagon. I woke up early and did 100 encounters this morning before work, 0 Bagon. I got home from work and did 310 encounters, 0 bagon. I don't even want to play now. This reminds me too much of when blue server was new and only kanto and johto were out. I did 1193 encounters for 1 Absol in Mt. Silver 3F, after doing 1250 encounters in Dragons Den for 1 Bagon. :Cry:

how do you keep count on your encounters?

Increasing Spawn Rates will not at all devalue any rare Pokemon. The only thing that will change is the usage of it in PvP and the amount of people that can afford them. Raising a top tier PvP team with rare Pokemon without trade is a task for years.

Just some math:

A physical sweeper for PvP would have following probabilities:

Nature: 50 % (with synchro)

Hidden ability: 5 % (without membership)

Attack : 10 % (29, 30, 31 are tolerated IVs out of 30 possible IVs)

Defense : 20 % (26 - 31 are tolerated out of the 30 possible)

Special Attack : 100 % (irrelevant for a physical sweeper)

Special Defense : 20 %

Speed : 10 %

HP : 20 %

If we sum those probabilities up we have a chance of 0,0002 % for that specific Pokemon to spawn, which means that we need to catch on average 500,000 Pokemon to get it with those stats.

And that is calculated for a 100% spawn rate like Magikarp in Sootopolis. If we also calculate an extremely rare spawn rate like Dratini with (ONLY PREDICTED NUMBER!) 0,3%, we would have to fight 166,666,666, yes onehundred-sixty-six-million Pokemon to get one perfect Dratini with hidden ability to spawn.

The membership was not calculated because it is in my opinion a pay to win mechanic for hidden ability Pokemon.

-----------------------------------

Now if we even this out on a server wide population a few "perfect" super rare Pokemon with hidden ability might spawn but at this point Pokemon Revolution Online needs to get a clear direction:

1. Should there be spawn rates adjusted for a global population, meaning that free trade determines the value of a Pokemon

2. Every player on himself should be able to catch every Pokemon with perfect stats given a suitable amount of time (grinding over 1 million Pokemon for one catch is not a suitable amount of time ...)

The current spawn system clearly is the first one where spawns are calculated for the global population. However, I don't see enough trade or auctions to support a strong trading economy around those rare Pokemon so PRO (in my opinion) suffocates itelf because of that.

My wish: Massively increase spawn rates so that every player has the chance to farm perfect rare Pokemon on their own.

• Like 1