Idea to get hundreds of new players!!!

Meghz

So the idea is to.....

get these servers back loaded like the good old days. Maybe pay a high rank streamer on twitch to play Pokemon PRO via sponsored stream. It's a bit of cash to shell out in the short term but it will be enjoyable for everyone in game, and profitable as well in the long term.

Since this is a free game, i would expect thousands of people to come on and start playing this game. It would be amazing I feel.

I do not know if there are restrictions on whether or not it can be done. But usually on Twitch, if one streamer plays the game, others do follow some sort of gameplay of the game, if the chat convinces them to try it out. This could open a gate to new servers, amazing flow of new players.

Of course you would have to get a high rank streamer, possibly with 5k viewers or more. And giving a sponsored stream offer to a streamer with 10k-40k average daily, wouldnt hurt even if they do not accept. Give them free in game gold while they play for the set amount of hours. They would have a sponsored stream for a few hours, maybe more (non-sponsered) if they enjoy the game. Nostalgia is a good factor for these pokemon games, and playing it online, would be a craze for it.

Please leave comment or your opinion below on what you guys think about this Sponsored stream idea. I mean no negativity or harm, please be gentle. :Smile: :Cool: :Heart:

Much love,

-Meghz

Actually love this idea and I'd be willing to bet people like adrive would play this on stream he has made videos of things like pixelmon and even a roblox pokemon game and I'm sure he would generate heavy traffic to the game and have a positive impact. also request for him to choose the server with the lest traffic currently to keep it even!!!

latest?cb=20130220021425 TEDWARDS latest?cb=20130220021425

I was thinking Boogie2988 on twitch would be interested as well, he is a huge Pokemon Fanatic. Also, I don't think the server will matter. People that have 5k-10k viewers can fill up every server easy imo if half of them were willing to play. This is a FREE and OPEN WORLD game which is a + for everyone. During the summer it would be the perfect time to sponsor two streamers to play the game. I doubt it can break the bank, but for a few hours it can do wonders. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it !!

I have some negative arguments about this idea.

First at all, some streamers already did this, they were not pay for this, but they played the game in their stream. Few weeks ago, a French Steamer did it with a community around 500 subscribers, not a lot i admit, for the 500 subscribers, only around 20 players came to the game the first days, 3 weeks later, only 2 players continued to play (2 players for 500 subscribers, it's not a lot :Ambivalent:). PRO is a long term game, having players just to do adventures is not interesting for the game, PRO's community need long term players (play more than a month at least :s). It's hard to find players that want to give their time to PRO, the game is extremely time consuming, only fan of PKM will stay :confused:

So, the chosen streamer needs to be a streamer with a community already fan of PKM, if not the players will stay less than a month. And the community needs to don't play an other online PKM, 2 online game takes too much time, they will do their choice and stay to their old game :/

Other point, the nationality of the streamer, it's hard to decide which nationality will be the streamer, because his community will be the same nationality. PRO's players come from the entire world, the target market to recruit players is the world, not only some nationalities.

So, not only one or two streamer need to be recruit to advertise the game.

I don't know how communities react to sponsor in others countries, but in France, streamers that are paid or sponsored are not well seen. Their communities understand they need money, but to play a game sponsored the views are less important, the community doesn't follow it with the same pleasure than others streams.

So, the way how the streamer presents why he does a game play about PRO can influence a lot the image that his community has of the game.

I do not have the budget that Shane could have to pay the streamer, and the price streamer could ask for this, but i am not sure Shane can afford to pay high rank streamer.

So, pay the streamer can be hard just in budget, and can have a bad return from his community.

Last point, it's Nintendo. Let us be realistic, PRO has no right to exist in relation to Nintendo, Nintendo can say at any time : "Close the game" and Shane will have no others choices than close the game. Do advertising about PRO increases the chance Nintendo decides to close PRO. Their current priority appears to be Smartphone PKM online game that ask a lot of money to progress in the game, Nintendo makes a hunt for this kind of game to make them close one by one. I don't want to see PRO be close because of some paid streamer :Nervous:

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9

Well, can you please tell me how you came up with those statistic? How do you know 20 played and 2 people played long term, there is no way to be sure.

But american streamers and viewers are not like French streamers I guess? Nationality doesn't matter imo, twitch is a place for people all around the world to come together and watch their favorite game/streamer. They will say sellout for 30 mins and then actually get into the zone. But not to boogie2988, he is a respected individual and his chat is one of the best civilized group I have ever seen.

And boogie2988 is a twitch streamer, I'm not sure if you have heard of him but he is a Pokemon fanatic which is who I had in mind. He opens Pokemon cards in his stream all the time probably weekly. He plays the Pokemon trading game and he is a child at heart. His passion for pokemon is amazing and is truly inspiring that he is so pleased with Pokemon overall to this day. I'm pretty sure everyone in his channel is a huge Pokemon fan as well. And he ranges from 3k-6k viewers. And for few hours maybe would range a sponsored cost at around 400$ or something close to that I would guess. Honestly, he is such a fan, he might even stream it for the love of the game. Money wouldn't hurt since he is going through a rough time in his personal life. I follow and watch him as well.

Your only valid point I would agree on is the final one about Nintendo being upset about a fan made game. But any publicity is good publicity for them? But yes, I am sure they will have a say in this. I'm shocked they don't have a MMO themselves. But in that case I guess I should leave it at that. I wouldn't want there to be an issue with Nintendo and PRO at all, ever. They should be proud at what shane and crew made all this possible as a fan based game. Mentioning that it is non-profit would end the discussion real quick due to the fact that we just want to enjoy the game, and be fans of pokemon till the very end.

In conclusion, I guess I should drop this topic due to the fact it's not my place to make any decisions. Asking the cost of how much boogie2988 would charge for a sponsored stream wouldn't hurt. I am POSITIVE that his viewers would play for the long run. getting other streamers would be a mistake due to the fact that many players wont stick around, just play to interact with the streamer.

Anywho, thanks for the argumentative discussion.

Regards,

-Meghz

Why do you think this game was such a boom last summer? Oh thats right because members of League of Legends team Immortals played this game in between their Solo Que games. If you want names those were Huni, WildTurtle and Pobelter, where all of them used to have around 8k - 30k viewers watching them playing PRO and Im pretty sure it wasnt payed promotion, they just played it because they liked it.

But let us be real here, you dont want marketing attraction to this game because of GameFreak. They have shut down Pixelmon future updates like a week ago so that means they are angry with fanmade games and mods, even If its a good idea its not the right time.

I would be all up for a payed promotion, but its is way harder to do then it sounds especially with fan made game that is not supposed to make money out of copyrighted IP.

Thanks for letting me contribute to this topic. :Heart:

[glow=orange]

Signature created by Freiyr & 9oomy & Mieon.

<i>[/glow]</i>

avFhKbk.gif

Contact me on Discord: iSmurfie#5353

Check out our

Discord Bot rental.

Check out our

guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

oh I see, i did not know that. CLG FAN BTW :P. Also yea, i guess it wouldnt work out then. Anyway, this is Boogie just to show everyone to him ^^, I took a couple clips tonight.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstemiousCourageousArmadilloDerp

https://clips.twitch.tv/FilthySneakyElephantMrDestructoid

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazonianSpeedyPresidentArsonNoSexy

*Edit Added the clips.

Im surprised not alot more people had opinions about this. Anyway. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...