My PokeTime Clock WebApp

Darrek

I found this PokeTime Calculator Spreadsheet and tried editing it to make it calculate the PokeTime.

I then saw this Pokemon RO Clock Program and was inspired to create my own clock app.

My clock webapp can now be found here:

The clock runs in your browser and is divided into 3 sections: PokeTime, Time Calculations, and Alarms.

1. PokeTime shows the current local time, current in-game poketime, and the current time phase (Morning, Day, or Night). It has a server-select and an edit button.
    • Editing the poketime will save a new time offset for the selected server (in case the clock ever goes out-of-sync with the game).

[*]Local Time Calculations shows the time until each phase begins (countdown) and the time when each phase begins (local time).

• (inspired by the above spreadsheet)

[*]Alarms allow you to set an alarm notification for any phase. You can unfocus or even close the clock page and you will still get the notification.

• Click the notification to focus/open the clock and disable the alarm if you want.
  • Works on Desktop & Mobile. Desktop requires that the browser is still running.

Screenshot:

screenshot.png

The clock was tested working in Chrome (Desktop), Chrome (Mobile), and Firefox (Desktop). I would appreciate knowing what other browsers it works in, so feel free to post your experience with compatibility, bugs, comments, suggestions, etc.

Some notes:

• Desktop browsers handle notifications themselves. Mobile browsers forward notifications to the system. If the page is currently open and has focus then the notification will appear on the page itself.
  • Due to a limitation in Chrome, closed pages cannot vibrate or make a sound. Your phone may vibrate and/or make a default sound when you get the notification, depending on your phone's settings and volume.
  • Due to a limitation in Chrome, pages cannot vibrate unless you tap the page at least once. Each time you reload the page, you must tap the page again or it won't vibrate.

Also, I apologize to the creators of the above two tools. I think I just stole some of their users. Sorry.

Changelog:

• Feb 24, 2018:
    • Added Progressive Web App functionality. If using on a mobile device, there should now be an "Add to homescreen" option in the menu. The page will function like an app launched from your homescreen, if you choose.
    • Fixed an issue with Timezones when calculating PokeTime.

[*]Sep 6, 2017:

• Added a fallback for alarms on browsers that do not support the Push API (such as Microsoft Edge). Alarms in these browsers will NOT go off if the page is closed.

Edited by Darrek

• 2 weeks later...