Nocturnal Feather: Catch or Kill??

Grimthoughts

I've looked all over the forums for this answer and t's never been clarified whether or not you have to actually catch a Pidgeotto at night on route 16 after talking to Yorkie in order to get a Nocturnal Feather or if you can just kill a bunch of Pidgeottos. Can someone clarify this? Thanks for your time :Shy: :Heart-eyes: :thanks:

I've looked all over the forums for this answer and t's never been clarified whether or not you have to actually catch a Pidgeotto at night on route 16 after talking to Yorkie in order to get a Nocturnal Feather or if you can just kill a bunch of Pidgeottos. Can someone clarify this? Thanks for your time :Shy:

[float=left]Hello, there, [mention]GrimThoughts[/mention] :)[/float]

You actually have the choice! You can either:

• Catch them;
  • Or kill them with (or after) using Thief/Covet on them. Note that if you do so, you need to remove any item your Poké is holding for it to be able to steal the feather ;)

The ability Frisk being coded, you can complementarily use a Poké with it to know whether the wild Pidgeotto you're facing is holding a feather or not :)

Also, completely off-topic, but can you catch legendaries now? I killed Articuno and Moltres thinking I wouldn't be able to catch them, thanks

[float=left]Yes, and quite a few![/float] But not the Kanto Legendary Birds Trio, at least not yet ;)

Following is the list of all the currently catchable legendaries, and the links to their respective guides on how to catch them (also available on the official Discord channel)

[glow=skyblue]Hope that answered everything :D

Good luck on your journey![/glow]

:Heart:

Thanks @@Calahan :) That's very helpful, I'll use this for reference in the future. There isn't much else to say other than that, so have a good day!!! :Grin: :Heart: :thanks:

Glad it helped!

Thanks, good day to you too! And good luck getting your feather (and legendaries) :D

- [glow=lightgreen]Locked as solved[/glow] -