Breeding: a clever way

Inspirateur

Hi everyone, so here is the thing: breeding is a cool mechanic from the original pokemon games that allows egg-move, 6*31 Ivs pokes and much more if you know how to use it.

But as we all know, it cannot be implemented in PRO because it would ruin the economy (indeed, rare pokes would no longer be rare), so a workaround has been implemented for egg moves (the egg move tutor), but that's it.

I suggest the following: implement breeding but make every pokemon hatched from egg untradeable.

This way, the economy would remain good AND the game will benefit from the followings :

-> a more complex way of getting egg moves: players now have to hunt the pokemon that they want the egg move from, which makes egg moves more valuable.

-> a new strategic aspect of pvp: the perfectionnists will want to get 6*31 IVs for their pokes, so it will add a new layer of farming for those who wants to aim the top

-> a solution for the nature problem: a fail sync on a very rare poke is frustrating, with breeding it can be solved and still require work from players

-> the gender of pokemon will finally matter: no need to say more

-> more value for knowledge: breeding rules are complicated, adding breeding will give players who know it an advantage and players who don't something to learn, adding more complexity in the game and leading to a wider, more diverse gameplay

That's it, tell me what you think and have a good day :D

[glow=black]A limitless gratitude[/glow]

Agree with guys above. If I'll get 6*31ivs pokemons i won't be interested in buying , so that's the way how economic will fall.

I'm also a little annoyed when i catch great pokemon but nature is wrong. But when it's successfull it's great feeling isn't it?

test_sign_2.png

Why would i want to buy PKM if i can breed mine?

The same reason you're buying them now: not having to hunt (or to grind if it's a level 100 ev-trained one)

Because breeding won't suppress hunting, to get a dratini you have to breed a poke of its family tree soo ...

make it not tradeable stil destroy the economy, nothing change. Even resetting ivs by coins is better than breeding system, So definitely a NO from me :Grin:

Agree with guys above. If I'll get 6*31ivs pokemons i won't be interested in buying , so that's the way how economic will fall.

I'm also a little annoyed when i catch great pokemon but nature is wrong. But when it's successfull it's great feeling isn't it?

I think there is a misunderstanding here, I get your point, but you have to know that getting 6*31 still requires an enormous amount of work, because the method is passing random IVs + getting new random ones, so in the first place you must have good IVs to pass down, hence selling pokes with good IVs do buy you much time (really).

When you buy a pokemon you're basically buying the time it takes to hunt it, so when you buy a good poke, you're now buying less time in the hunting (because IVs can be compensated in breeding) but this is balanced by the time you win in breeding less (to get a 6*31).

I know this is a bit complicated but what I'm saying is that the value of a good poke doens't get down in comparison with the value of a bad poke, because a good poke saves you time when breeding to get the best one (IF you are willing to breed).

Still, I understand there is a problem with nature, because indeed if the metamorph has the good nature you don't require the poke you want to breed to have the good nature. So the value of nature will get down, but not completly because of the time it takes to breed and hatch a new poke.

I would put breeding like that: limit to 1 hatch per day. I don’t think this would destroy the economy. Just imagine to catch 1 dratini everyday, you ain’t getting a good one. Those you hatch has 50% sync and they are like wild pokemons

This could be a nice idea :D

Thanks for the feedback