Draft pick pvp (New Gamemode)

Wesleyarlar

Hey there! :Grin:

I just got an idea wich may actually be a fun one.

The idea is a Draft system where players are automaticly sent to a menu where both players can Ban 3 pokemons they don't want to fight against and right after that they are sent to their Box to pick the pokemons they want to fight with (Ofcourse the banned pokemons will be locked) and when both players chose their pokemons 1 by 1 the battle will begin!

By the way you can not choose a pokemon wich has already been taken (For example if i picked a Charizard my opponent will not be able to also pick a Charizard).

This is just an idea wich may bring a new challenge to the table and i would love to see this in the game one day! :Grin:

#OfferMe

Guest Kabanero91

I honestly wouldnt like this at all. Assembling a team in pokemon is not an easy process and a team often relies heavily on 1 pokemon to succeed. Banning 3 pokemon from a battle could potentially completely ruin the opponents team, especially for newer players who have just started with PvP and only have 6 Pvp-ready pokemon. It would make the battle potentially extremely one-sided and not very fun.

This works in mobas because you only need 1 character to play a match while being able to select from dozens if not hundreds but pokemon are completely different.

I honestly wouldnt like this at all. Assembling a team in pokemon is not an easy process and a team often relies heavily on 1 pokemon to succeed. Banning 3 pokemon from a battle could potentially completely ruin the opponents team, especially for newer players who have just started with PvP and only have 6 Pvp-ready pokemon. It would make the battle potentially extremely one-sided and not very fun.

This works in mobas because you only need 1 character to play a match while being able to select from dozens if not hundreds but pokemon are completely different.

I agree on that but i believe this could work maybe with some rules like.

Each player can only use 3 pokemons so even if 3 of their pokemons are banned they still got some options left.

And it should also have a fair matchmaking so players will be matched with other players who has a simular Win/Lose ratio to keep it fun and challenging for anybody.

It's just an idea wich came up in my mind and i understand people have different opinions about this :Grin:

#OfferMe

</SIZE></COLOR>

I agree on that but i believe this could work maybe with some rules like.

Each player can only use 3 pokemons so even if 3 of their pokemons are banned they still got some options left.

And it should also have a fair matchmaking so players will be matched with other players who has a simular Win/Lose ratio to keep it fun and challenging for anybody.

It's just an idea wich came up in my mind and i understand people have different opinions about this :Grin:

<COLOR color="pink"><SIZE size="85">I wouldn't consider having three Pokemon left to be 'options' if you're deadlocked into playing them.

If I was told correctly, PROs current ladder matchmaking is random and is not based on any hidden matchmaking rating or elo, so I believe staff would also have to make a separate system that differs from the current one to fulfill your idea.

As others have said, a MOBA is quite different than competitive Pokemon; the only way I see your suggestion being implemented is by releasing it as a 'fun' PvP mode--although I'm unsure of how popular this game mode would be overall. Other than being 'fun', are there any other incentives for playing this game mode? Perhaps you could add some prizes that are only available from being in Top 25 Ladder for this game mode?

Personally, I would not be interested in seeing this implemented, but if you can make the idea more appealing, there may be more people willing to support it.