Are there any Updated EV Training Guide for Jhoto and Hoenn?

Arcaisgaming

I've just started the Jhoto region and I'd like to know, are there any Updated EV Training Guides for Jhoto, and Hoenn? Because I've seen for Kanto and Sinnoh..so I may not need those for when I reach Sinnoh, but for Jhoto and Hoenn, I'd like to know. Hopefully someone can respond soon.

Don't know about a guide but I know

hp training - surf ruins of alph wooper/quagsire

sp.atk - surf ilex forest m/d psyduck/golduck

speed - surf blackthorn night poliwag (also ratata,pidgey spearow are all very common in the early routes and all give speed)

attack - route south of ecruteak -sentret growlithe (sentret very common lots of early routes)

sp def - any area with tentacool

defense - caves with geodude/sandshrew

Don't know about a guide but I know

hp training - surf ruins of alph wooper/quagsire

sp.atk - surf ilex forest m/d psyduck/golduck

speed - surf blackthorn night poliwag (also ratata,pidgey spearow are all very common in the early routes and all give speed)

attack - route south of ecruteak -sentret growlithe (sentret very common lots of early routes)

sp def - any area with tentacool

defense - caves with geodude/sandshrew

For these kinds of guides, it doesn't matter where you find the pokemon right? As long as you battle those specific pokemon, you get those EV's Trained?

For these kinds of guides, it doesn't matter where you find the pokemon right? As long as you battle those specific pokemon, you get those EV's Trained?

You are correct. :heart: Although, the recommended spots are to give you the best probability of finding an encounter for the EV you want trained.

You are correct. :heart: Although, the recommended spots are to give you the best probability of finding an encounter for the EV you want trained.

Okay, thank you ^^ I've just started Jhoto so I may not be able to go to all those spots right away. But once I know it doesn't matter where I train as long as I train against those pokemon, I'm gucci :Smile:

i'd suggest that you ev train your pokemon only if it has a good ivs and nature. if not, it will be just a waste of time. yes maybe you can use it against bosses in the future but for pvp will it will be less effective without the right nature and ivs. as for johto, i dont think you need to ev train to beat them. but yeah it will make it easier

J5LR1Wr.gif

I do have to agree with Olafkun; I personally did not bother EV training my story Pokemon and have only trained in Kanto. Unless you're hunting for a specific Pokemon with the right nature and BMS activated if needed, it's pretty hard to stumble by a PvP worthy Pokemon during your adventure (I've only had this happen to me once while completing my part of my dex). If you do, I'd suggest saving it until you're done with your story.