Ranked Matches Tips

Attitude

Hello,

I was wondering if you guys have ranked tips for me, I've been playing for 1 week or so and cleared the 2 regions, now I wanna start playing ranked. This is my current team (ignore the second gengar, lend it for something) https://gyazo.com/601934af5ce46332d6b782575d2766a2

I need to capture a Milotic, atleast thats what I heard (that its a really strong pokemon) is there any pokemons specific that are strong in ranked? My natures of all my pokemon are pretty good, Adamant haxorus, adamant lucario, rash gengar with spt 31 iv, modest ampharos. Help is appreciated, thanks a lot if you can!

Sparkton

Build something against rain team. Rain team is the current meta.

Here's an example of pokemon you should be worried about :

-kingdra

-politoed

Politoed basically sets up rain with its ability.

Kingdra sweeps it with its swift swim ability (priority move)

Its either you build it or counter it.

• 4 weeks later...

At the moment the meta is based on water teams and toxic stall tanks (without protect). Water teams will always have a toed and kingdra while most also run gyarados or floatzel as a physical sweeper. Some teams also have ludicolo / kabutops / ormastar. As for countering these, blissey / roserade are good special walls that i myself have found difficult to deal with. Milotic does exceptionally well with a bold set as it counters both gyara and kingdra. Spedef Snorlax also deserves a mention as most dont want to risk their sweepers getting paralyzed by stab body slam.

As for toxic stallers we have milotic / jellicient / blissey / skamory / umbreon / roserade / venusaur. All of these are extremely difficult to deal with unless you have the particular counters (electivire for milo, etc). I suppose you could say taunt would leave most of these threats pointless, but by backing them up with beat up weavile or something like breloom makes such teams very difficult to deal with. Just what i've seen after a fair amount of pvp games :)

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png