reformulating what chats are about

Crogkiller

So if battle chat is dead why designate it for rates when it can be done in help chat, which you know, is for help? All chat on yellow tends to be pretty dead at times. help has more people than all at times.

You need to understand that the reason help chat has more people in it is because you're not allowed to do Rates / PC in there. The fact that people try to and sometimes gets answers is irrelevant because the baseline is that it's not allowed and we can tell them to go to all/trade.

I guarantee you that if they changed the rules of help chat to allow rates/PC the chat would be almost identical to battle or all chat within 1 month.

- DrNerf

Hi there [mention]crogkiller[/mention]

Thanks for your suggestion about changing the chat rules but as Apothyx stated, we already have Chat Rules implemented.

The Chat Rules can be found in the Announcements Subforum.

Specific Chat Rules

All Chat

• All Chat is meant to be a general chat - you can discuss multiple topics, as long as they're within the Rules.
  • Pokemons value can be asked here

Trade Chat

• Before you start using Trade Chat, make sure you have read the Trade Rules.
  • Trade Chat is used only for trade messages. Refrain from commenting on other users' Pokemon or going off-topic.
  • Avoid using an unnecessary amount of symbols or letters.
  • Double / rapid posting is prohibited. Your trade shout should not appear multiple times within the same chatbox window; wait till it disappears to repost. If your previous trade shout is still visible within the chatbox, it's too soon to post again.
  • Keep the trade messages in one sentence instead of multiple lines, when possible.

Help Chat

• Help Chat is meant for story help-related discussion. Random or off-topic conversation needs to be avoided to prevent flooding the channel.
  • Trolling, i.e. purposely giving wrong information, is prohibited.

Battle Chat

• Follow the PvP Rules.
  • In this chat you can talk about strategy and PvP battles.
  • Use Battle Chat and/or the following subforums (Red, Blue, or Yellow) to ask for rates or evaluations of a Pokemon.
  • Chats around movesets and desired abilities are asked here

Other Chat

• In Other Chat, you may speak in non-English languages. The General Chat Rules all continue to apply here.

<i>

</i>

Let's go over the things you suggested;

1) Help chat be used for most questions. This includes Ev spread questions, ivs, rates, the works.

2) eliminate trade being used for price check

3) eliminate battle chat being used for Ev spreads, etc.

1) Help Chat is meant for story and quest related questions.

It should not be used for other things to prevent flooding and to give newer players a chance to actually see the answers to their questions.

2) As stated in the Chat Rules, Trade Chat should only be used for trade messages and nothing else.

"I've seen staff on who say price checks are for trade/all" If you see a moderator telling you otherwise, do inform them what the chat is for.

3) The purpose of Battle Chat is to discuss PvP Battles and strategies. It should also be used for rates/evaluations and to talk about movesets & abilities.

[mention]STRATEGIST[/mention] "i myself on multiple occasions see staff Saying Trade is for trade chat only, Price checkings belongs in Help chat"

If you do see Staff saying that, please tell the member of Staff that Price Checks belong in All chat.

Please don't be aftraid to remind others about the chat rules ingame if one posts in the wrong chat. I hope this cleared up the confusion about the chat rules.

As the rules are already implemented and don't need changing, I'll now lock this topic.

I hope you have a lovely weekend :Smile:

[glow=black]

[fade]- Locked - [/fade]

<i>[/glow]</i>

w379M0I.png

Rules - Terms and Conditions - Punishment Policy - Chat Rules

DO NOT contact Staff Members for private support.

Share your questions on the Forums as they can be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will be thrown into the abyss. Thanks!

Kind regards

- Nebulas

Dedicated Support Team

- Locked -