Michael In Goldenrod for Jhoto Quest

Hey guys,

So in the Goldenrod Quest you are suppose to get into the basement by speaking with Michael who lives beside the Department Store. I spoke with the Officer in front of the Radio Station and he told me to "Speak with Michael for more information, he lives beside the department store". Well when I go to speak to Michael he doesn't give me the option to continue the quest. Instead he tells me he is on break and to check out his department store. I talked to every NPC involved in the quest multiple times, and he just wont give me the option to continue :(. I went onto youtube and watched a little video on how to do that part and Michael is suppose to give you an option to advance the quest.

Is there anything that can be done to help me out? Can an Admin reset the quest for me or even reset the script for Michael somehow? I really like this game and enjoy it, but I literally cannot continue playing. Its pretty game breaking :/

Thanks!

Well I checked your inventory and it seems that you own the basement key.

This means you're allowed to visit the mart's basement (take the elevator). You shouldn't encounter any problem with the quest from here, but tell me if you still do.