Could need a few tips for kanto e4.

Mrjontey

So a couple of days ago i tried kanto elite 4 a few times and managed to get to lance. i wasted all my revives and hyper pots, like 15 each and i dont think my current comp can get it done, and i need to farm more money, could use a few suggestions for pokemon to catch and train to beat kanto e4, or any other tips you can come up with. maybe i just need to grind my pokemon to higher levels?

currently rolling with:

68 haunter with suckerpunch / thunderbolt / dark pulse / shadowball

67 arcanine with outrage / flame wheel/ crunch / flare blitz

68 golduck with hyrdro pump / zen headbutt / surf / ice beam

70 dewgong with icea beam / brine / hail / surf

73 slowbro with slack off/ amensia / psychic / surf

72 vileplume with petal dance / giga drain/ moonblast / toxic.

I think they just aren't high level enough

try to level them to 80lv

level haunter as higher level as you can and evo to gengar

it's trade evo, you may ask your friends or staffs for help

gengar moveset can be thunderbolt / shadowball / psychic (tm in saffron gym) / icy wind (a swimmer tutor in seafoam b4f)

the reason why choosing shadowball rather than dark pulse,

because both ghost and dark moves counter the same types (psychic and ghost)

and poke will get x1.5 damage boost from using a move which is the same type with itself

for example, water poke using water move

ghost poke using ghost move, in this case haunter and shadowball

you may get some rare candies from pokestop

they are 2 days cooldown

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/37895-url

some hidden rare candies

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/28476-url

or 5k each buy from players from trade chat in game

Edited by hahahaka
  • Like 2

So a couple of days ago i tried kanto elite 4 a few times and managed to get to lance. i wasted all my revives and hyper pots, like 15 each and i dont think my current comp can get it done, and i need to farm more money, could use a few suggestions for pokemon to catch and train to beat kanto e4, or any other tips you can come up with. maybe i just need to grind my pokemon to higher levels?

currently rolling with:

68 haunter with suckerpunch / thunderbolt / dark pulse / shadowball

67 arcanine with outrage / flame wheel/ crunch / flare blitz

68 golduck with hyrdro pump / zen headbutt / surf / ice beam

70 dewgong with icea beam / brine / hail / surf

73 slowbro with slack off/ amensia / psychic / surf

72 vileplume with petal dance / giga drain/ moonblast / toxic.

Ok brother ok think I must tell you this. You need your team be at lv80+ or best at 100 to be sure not to waste a lot of revives and hyper potions. Tip 2) bring pokes with the best nature. Example a haunter should be timid it needs speed also plz make it a gengar next time you face e4 but for me I sugges alakazam timid as it is a lot faster.

3)you can also use some defensive powerful monsters, like snorlax well he is known as the big fat b4st4rd of pokemon world. Just try to get curse rest body slam and crunch

4) a gyarados is a good one to sweep through kanto e4. Get jolly moxie + dd ( dont go hunting wild gyarados, hunt karp and raise it and its so easy to raise it to 100)

5) next well i used an electivire before ( it took me 3weeks to get a speedy strong one way back 2015) thunder punch light screen and earthquake/ low kick but if you got pika equip it light ball

6) slowbro? i wont suggest you use that. So many pokes that can trample it from e4, facing e4 spd is a must same goes to dewgong (raise gengar timid teach icy wind shadow ball thunderbolt hypnosis

7) try a cancer specially defensive wall as well, well it blissey, thunder wave seismic toss softboiled the 4th move choose from ice beam and flamethrower

I hope this helps ( also you can try borrowing pokes from friends to get it easy)

Try catching haunter with rare abilities and nature if not re roll ticket for nature of ur pokemon it depends on how well uve trainex your pokemon

You can't use re roll tickets on anything but legendary Pokemon.

ArtiSignatureGif.gif

pristineserenity3.png

Graphics by Mafi

Visit her shop for banners, sigs, avatars and more!

They're free and absolutely wonderful!

I did it with a team of mid 70s, consisting of an Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhyperior, Electivire and Nidoqueen and even then in my final run Nidoqeen wasn’t even used aside from as a sack to use a revive. My main piece of advice would be to look at your team, look at each E4 team and figure out a win condition for each matchup. For example, with a few levels your Golduck looks like a perfect matchup for Bruno, seen as you have a super effective hit on every single Pokemon he has.

My plan for Lorelei was simply Electivire. Once it got to about 73 it began outspeeding all her mons except Jynx. Thunderbolt was a 90% on Dewgong, an OHKO on Slowbro and a 70% on Lapras. All of those were taken out with about 50% health left on Electivire. Jynx comes in and misses Sweet Kiss so I got off a free Flamethrower that did about 60%. Took a Psychic which brought HP into the red before it was down. Ice Shard from Clotster finished it off but I just brought in Gyarados to Crunch into for the win.

I never once lost to Bruno, he was by far the easiest from me. All it ever was, was an Alakazam sweep. Turn 1 Reflect, then Psychic and Recover spam the whole way through.

I found Agatha very hard initially. Her Pokémon have a wide variety of moves with great type coverage, including Thunderbolt (which stopped my initial DDance spam plan w Gyarados) and Focus Blast (which stopped my Rhyperior route). Instead I went and bought a Focus Sash for Alakazam. Outspeeds and OHKOs everythinh except Crobat and M Gengar. For Crobat Rhyperior would come in and Rock Wtecker and Alakazam would hang on w 1hp on M Gengar and OHKO with Psychic.

For Lance, I led with Intimidate on Gyarados, which lowers Lance’s lead Gyarados. I then switch into Alakazam, who sets up Reflect and is sacked off. Bring Gyarados back in, another intimidate drop. This plus the Reflect allows my Gyarados to set up 6 DDance and sweep.

Gary is by the toughest challenge due to the variety of types on his team. I used Rhyperior for Pidgeot, Alakazam for Alakazam and Gyarados and Rhyperior. I sacked Nidoqueen on Arcanine so I could bring in Gyarados and drop its attack. Now, this was like my 3rd time fighting Gary and I hadn’t really worked out a plan. However I did know from my first time against him that the Arcanine has Thunder Fang, and predicting it’s use I brought in Electivire. Electivires ability allows it to absorb Electric attacks that then raise its speed. A few Thunderbolts and a hyper potion later and Arcanine was done. M Blastoise comes in and I simply hope for the best and Tgunderbolt. Thanks be to god, after it only doing about half damage it uses Toxic, even though any damaging move would’ve killed it. I knock it out Turn 2 thanks to amazing luck. I get half damage on Exeggutor with Flamethrower before Electivire finally goes down, and 1 Crunch later and it was all done.

I’m not saying to follow that plan, all I’m saying is to really think about what you have and what you need.

Your pokemon have to be atleast all 75 to have a chance to beat e4 kanto and you'll easily be able to beat e4 kanto with all poke 80 if you have mutliple hyper's and revives. I would rec you getting haunter into genger though since gengar is op.

I think you being a low level trying to do e4 is what is hurting. remeber pokemon revoultion isn't easy like nintendo's games.

Ameryll Rowe beat Kanto E4 (June 2017)

Ameryll Rowe beat Johto E4 (April 2018)

Ameryll Rowe beat Hoenn E4 (July 2020)

My favorite pokemon is my Starmie, he has been my best friend since day one!

My 2nd favorite favorite Pokemon is my Gengar, I caught him in "Johto" and ever since I did. he has been one of my close friends!

My third favorite pokemon is my Blastoise, he was my "Kanto" starter and since has grew to be my family.

Starmie, Gengar and Blastoise are my family and my closest friends in Pokemon Revolution Online!