OT Bug [LOCKED]

Balancebreaker

Hello I am sorry to disturb you but I have encountered a bug.

So i finished the Johto Liga and wanted to Hoenn, before i can go there i have to train a rattata to level 80. Not so hard I thought and started training, after a while i gave my rattata to a friend of mine so he could train it a little and give it back to me. Problem is that the "OT" Field is now empty. Not my name, not the name of my friend it is just blank.

And now the Kid says "This isn't your Rattata" .. but it is.

I don't know what I should do because I don't wanna train another Rattata to level 80 (it was quite an adventure). My friend and I often trade pokemon and this has never happened.

I hope you can help me.

Best Regards,

Alexander

Hey there!

The "Blank OT" bug happens when a Pokemon that has been caught didn't properly save to the database when you caught it. As a result, a Pokemon that hasn't been assigned an ID yet and then is traded, will be blank like this. Unfortunately, nothing can be done for this and you will need to catch another rat and raise it.

In order to make sure it doesn't happen again, make sure that once you catch your Rattata, log out to force save the Pokemon, then check if there's a number with it. Once it's been assigned, it will always have that number and you can trade it freely.

Good luck.

Hello I am sorry to disturb you but I have encountered a bug.

So i finished the Johto Liga and wanted to Hoenn, before i can go there i have to train a rattata to level 80. Not so hard I thought and started training, after a while i gave my rattata to a friend of mine so he could train it a little and give it back to me. Problem is that the "OT" Field is now empty. Not my name, not the name of my friend it is just blank.

And now the Kid says "This isn't your Rattata" .. but it is.

I don't know what I should do because I don't wanna train another Rattata to level 80 (it was quite an adventure). My friend and I often trade pokemon and this has never happened.

I hope you can help me.

Best Regards,

Alexander

Hi there,

Unfortunately, as PurpleMauth has stated, you will need to catch another Rattata. The best area to catch Rattatas are in the Mt. Silver Expert Belt map in Mt. Silver; it should be around Level 48 to 52, which is about halfway to Level 80.

Apologies for the inconvenience; I wish you a good day and a good game.

Kind Regards, Astraea.

- Locked -

ylJbQ.png

PRO RulesPunishment PolicyHow to Report

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Use the appropriate forums for your message as it may be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will be purified.