Professor Oak - Pokedex Check

Engineer

1. 1.

I am putting this under NPC errors even though it is more suggestive in nature. I find it as an error because it needs to be addressed. This is what Oak says regardless of how many Pokemon the player has caught

PxbLbX1.png

My suggestion to fix this error

If player has caught Pokemon in the following ranges, have Oak say this:

1-9

I see you are learning to use the Pokeball. Look for Pokemon in grassy areas.

10-19

You are getting better, as a reward go get the Flash HM from my Aide in Route 2.

20-29

Expand your Pokemon search to caves and forests.

30-39

You are working hard, as a reward go get the Rock Smash HM from my Aide near a large sleeping Pokemon

40-49

Improving every time, come see me when you get to 50

50-59

You finally caught 50 species! Congrats! Here, take this. You have received 5 safari vouchers. (or some other useful item, such as exp. share)

60-69

This is getting even better.

70-79

Find a fishing rod and catch some marine Pokemon

80-89

I see you like to collect things, excellent work

90-99

I am truly impressed, you have come a long way already

100-109

Wow, 100 species, you certainly are impressive

110-119

I see you have learned how to use evolution stones

120-129

I heard there is a new place called Love Island. Go see what Pokemon you can find there

130-139

You are a PRO at this. It is revolutionary

140-149

I have never seen anyone as talented as you. The badges you have earned are no surprise

You can go so many ways with this. It can either by done by just Kanto Pokemon or all Pokemon together. Suggestions or thoughts will be welcomed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX50HvhXx182ANOBZ-jCYoEu1oiOOg5-X9zjXvybOhmoji1V72

@Chappy

It looks like the message is based on Pokemon caught overall, not just Kanto Pokemon. See SS below. I noticed this when I had 130 or 140 Pokemon overall and 80 Kanto Pokemon, it said "you are a PRO at this. It is revolutionary....but I only had in the 80s for Kanto Pokemon

dZber0Q.png

1GYGqTp.png

But anyways, thank you for putting this in!!! I like it much better than Oak telling us to live in the ocean

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX50HvhXx182ANOBZ-jCYoEu1oiOOg5-X9zjXvybOhmoji1V72