Cancelling Auctions

Darthguindillit

Starting from the last bids in forum, came to my head a suggestion that could make PRO game experience better.

Lately, everyone started to write in their bids in forum "I can cancel the auction if Im not satisfied with the price or if I want to keep the poke". That made me thought, that this is really unfair to the people who is bidding for.

When you make a bid, you are taking a risk (in real life too, I don't see real life bids beign cancel because the seller doesn't like the final price). You have to choose an starting price and a min raise bid (which is supposed to be a price near to the price you would like to take.) So, if u you choose your own price, I don't get why people can cancel an auction where they chose the price. If you don't want to sell lower price than you want, you can put a fixed priced, so you don't have to take any risk; if someone pay they money you want, you sell it, if no one want to pay it, don't sell it.

This is really unfair to buyers, because I, as a buyer, I have to make a serious offer, if I have 3m, I can't bid in many auctions on a 4m value, cause if I win all, I won't have enough money to pay everyone. But, the point is if I bid in an auction and the next day I see another auction where I would like to bid but I don't have enough money to cover both, I pass on the second one, cause I already had an offer on the first bid. But, let's figure out that the person who did the first auction , take back the auction cause he don't like the final price, and I was saving my money to pay him, forbidding myself to bid on the second auction. So I end with any of the 2 auctions. Is unfair that I have to forbide myself to bid above my funds, but people can cancel their auction whenever they want. If the seller can cancel the auction, the buyer should can cancel their offer too.

So, my suggestion is that anybody can cancel anything, if I decide to make an auction (with a starting price and an insta chosen by me), I shouldn't can cancel the auction, and if I make an offer on a bid, I have to pay that bid if I win the auction.

I really think this would make the game better for everyone.

• Like 1

The ideal thing would to have the players who do actions state their reserve price. Which is what happens in real life auctions. Reserve price is the minimum amount that the owner of an item up for auction will accept as the winning bid in the auction. The reserve price prevents the auction from being won by a bidder who offers a price lower than the item's owner will accept.

If the reserve bid is passed they should not be able to cancel the auction. So for an auctioning format the players should be required to do something like this:

Name of Pokemon:

Reserve Price:

Length of Auction:

Additional Rules of Auction:

Picture of Pokemon: