Team Building

Lighthat

1. 1.

Hi guys, I've been trying to plan a team but I'm relatively new to competitive pokemon battling, so I want to ask for opinions on what I have planned before I commit to it. Here's the team so far: bc45db28884f502b85f30c83981b2470.png

My plan is to apply pressure with a lot of pokemon that don't require any setup. Aerodactyl can come in, taunt to ruin my opponent's setup and put a stealth rock up, this is guaranteed by focus sash and I should go first because of his speed. If I'm allowed more than two moves, then I have rock slide and earthquake for some damage. From there I can switch to Starmie to get rid of hazards if they managed to get them up somehow, and can deal with some walls like Skarmory and force them to switch out so I can bring in something that does more damage. I can use choice band Scizor to U-turn, if for no other reason than to bait out a switch or put up a little damage even if it's not going to do much damage. Gengar can taunt a wall and do some damage with shadow ball or sludge bomb, and then destiny bond if things aren't looking good and a switch is unfavorable. Alakazam can do tons of damage with plenty of type coverage using four offensive moves, and Weavile can come in with his type coverage and do heavy damage as a revenge killer. I also don't want to rely on moves with low accuracy because I hate gambling and wouldn't like to lose a battle just because of some bad luck with an accuracy roll, but focus blast is a necessary evil I figure for a strong type-coverage move for Alakazam. The natures I chose mostly focus on speed so I can get the first hit out, since I'm so offensive and going second could easily end with me getting OHKO'd.

Some other concerns are move availability and item choice. AFAIK Life Orb isn't in this game so I have to replace that, but I'm not sure what to replace it with. I'm thinking expert belt? And I'm not sure if I can get signal beam on Alakazam, either. Any changes to suggest to a team like this?

Seems like a pretty well all around team, with a lot of type coverage, I like it. The only element it lacks is defensive walls for stalling/taking hits. But to be fair, your natural cure on Starmie can take a status condition well, or even your Scizor would prevent toxic, and will be affected minimally by paralyze, it also has some bulk. Your team is very weak on the defensive side, besides from Scizor, everything else is purely offensive. You'll have to rely on prediction of the opponents move quite a lot. The only flaw I can think of is not having any setup moves. Often in battles, when you have your opponent trapped and give them no option but to switch, it's all ways nice to have a setup move after predicting their switch out, like dragon dance or quiver dance. Or even a substitute could play effective in any battle.

Of course my advice is not essential, just a mere suggestion.

Good job!

Need a hand building a team that can withstand any threat?

Check out my Team Building guide below!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=2673

n6B7FWg.png--->0rljaJC.png

Focus sash not working.

No choice band afaik.

Dunno is gengar learns sludge bomb itself, we have no tm/tutor otherwise. Also, destiny bond is not working.

No focus blast tm/tutor, shadow ball no longer obtainable blunts kazams use greatly.

Even with all those items, scizor is set up bait for gyara, who can sweep your team after 2 (maybe one) ddance. Even with focus sash on aero you are still going to take a lot of dmg. Rain kingdra will also sweep this team without any issues, both of these being very common battlers currently.

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

I woudlnt opt for hyper offense during this time with no items.(except leftovers all the 5 items arent working)

gengar cant get sludge bomb and like kazam rest of ur team needs some sort of egg moves/tms which arent available.

Its rain rain rain /sun sun sun in pro atm.

ur team can handle sun but not rain like irafayel said.

And scizor setup fodder for gyara u also dont have any priorities except bullet punch n ice shard which is resisted by gayrados.

if u were to go for this i would remove kazam n choose lucario.

Hey @Lighthat.

1st of all, I like the idea of your team: You have a great rapid spinner to get rid of those hazards.

You may choose to build a competitive team as this respectively :

1- Physical Sweeper, Physical Sweeper, Special Sweeper, Special Sweeper, Tanker, and Annoyer

2- Baton Passer, Physical Sweeper, Physical or Mixed Sweeper, Special Sweeper, Tanker, and Wall.

3- Physical Sweeper, Special Sweeper, Physical or Mixed Sweeper, Drainer, Tanker, and Cleric.

4- Spiker, Physical Sweeper, Special or Mixed Sweeper, Tanker, Drainer, and Cleric.

5- Baton Passer, Baton Passer, Physical Sweeper, Physical Sweeper, Special or Mixed Sweeper, and Magnezone/Probopass.

You cannot send in two Psychic type Pokémons, You will then have a major Dark/Ghost weakness! After you're done with making a team, try to list the weaknesses of each Pokémon as 2 and the resistances of each Pokémon as 0.5. It doesn't matter if it's 4x or 0.25x, just list them as 2x or 0.5x. For example, your team could be:

Aerodactyl:

Weakness( x 2 or 4 ): Ice, Electric, Water, Steal | Resistances ( x 0.5 ): Fire, Flying | Immune: Ground ( Flying type pokemon )

Gengar:

Weakness( x 2 or 4 ): Ghost, Dark, Psychic| Resistances ( x 0.5 ): Bug etc | Immune: Ground ( Levitate ability ), Fighting ( Ghost type )

Alakazam:

Weakness( x 2 or 4 ): Ghost, Dark, Bug | Resistances ( x 0.5 ): Psychic, Fighting | Immune: NONE

Scizor:

Weakness( x 2 or 4 ): Fire | Resistances ( x 0.5 ): Steel, Dragon, Ice, Bug, Normal, Grass, Psychic, Rock & Flying | Immune: Poison ( Steel Type )

Weavile:

Weakness(x 2 or 4 ): Fire, Fighting, Bug, Rock, Steel | Resistances ( x 0.5 ): Ice, Ghost, Dark | Immune: Psychic ( Dark type )

Starmie:

Weakness(x 2 or 4 ): Electric, Grass, Bug, dark, ghost | Resistances (x 0.5 ): Ice, Fire, Steel, Water, Ice| Immune: NONE

I hope that I helped you out!

axz779.png