Question About EV Training

Hollowed

Dear All,

I have a question about EV training, I understand all the concept but I couldn't find an answer for this:

For example if i have a lv20 ghastly and I want to train his speed IV:

Case 1: kill diglett as I level up and gain 1 speed EV each kill (leveling my EVs while leveling my pokemon at the same time)

or

Case 2: kill low level rattata/pidgy that give very low xp and accumulate EVs without leveling up (leveling EVs without leveling up my pokemon)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You havent really stated a question, but both cases can be done. I generally try and kill a high lvl pokemon (irrespective of the evs i want) in order to gain some lvls so that ev training will be easier. Once i've gained a satisfactory lvl i use a berry or two to remove any unwanted evs i may have gained and proceed with ev training the ones i want, after which i start lvling to lvl 100.

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

I would say case 2 because if the area where you ev train your pokemon has a variety of pokemons that distribute the same type of ev, so why not do that?

And for the leveling part I would say that you should level up your pokemons by battling gyms or either finish ev training ( 2x 252 or 255 ) and then go and level up somewhere else since when you reach your maximum cap for ev training a pokemon, you won't earn any more evs for that pokemon.

And as a conclusion both cases are interesting but it depends if you are someone that has patience or someone that hasn't alot of patience.

If you are someone that has patience then go for Case 1 so you would level up your pokemon fast and gain evs slowly rather than be someone that doesn't have patience and train his pokemons in evs faster but lower on lvls.

I hope that I have helped you.

axz779.png

You guys still didn't understand me:

My ghastly is lv20 with 0 EVs

Should I train his EVs to 252 without leveling him past lv20

Or

Can I level up my ghastly while leveling his EVs at the same time

What's the best? starting leveling my poke when the EVs are maxed out or level up normally while killing the right pokes, thanks

I do both. If you want to gain evs fast, I would ev train on lower levels and worry about leveling after. I feel that lvling while ev'ing can bring more times visiting a Pokemon center or switching out more.

It's all in opinion though, really. For me, smaller lvl evs works best. Then I lvl my Pokemon in Dragon's Den.

77726 You guys still didn't understand me:

Should I train his EV to 252 without leveling him past lv20

Or

Can level up my ghastly while leveling my EV at the same time

What's the best? starting leveling my poke when the EVs are maxed out or level up normally while killing the right pokes, thanks

OH now I understand what you wanted to know:

Ev training comes along experience, so you can GAIN EVs while gaining experience to level up your ghastly when you kill a pokemon,

And you cannot EV train a pokemon to 252 without it gaining a lvl or experience.

I would stay Levling up normally while killing the right pokemons for the right ev that you need for your ghastly.

Did I answer your question? if not clarify more

axz779.png

Or

Ev training comes along experience, so you can GAIN EVs while gaining experience to level up your ghastly when you kill a pokemon,

And you cannot EV train a pokemon to 252 without it gaining a lvl or experience.

I would stay Levling up normally while killing the right pokemons for the right ev that you need for your ghastly.

Haha not yet

lv20 ghastly with 252 speed EVs will gain for example 3 speed stats the next level

or

lv20 ghastly with like 20 speed EVs will gain for example 1 speed stat the next level

Did you get my point now? Max out EVs early on so when leveling up my poke he will gain more stats in that specific stat

Or

Haha not yet

lv20 ghastly with 252 speed EVs will gain for example 3 speed stats the next level

or

lv20 ghastly with like 20 speed EVs will gain for example 1 speed stat the next level

Did you get my point now? Max out EVs early on so when leveling up my poke he will gain more stats in that specific stat

You do not gain more EVs when leveling up a pokemon, each pokemon represents how many evs it will give to your pokemon when killing it.

Like a hoothoot gives you 2 HP while a rattata gives you 1 speed, get it?

axz779.png

Haha not yet

or

You do not gain more EVs when leveling up a pokemon, each pokemon represents how many evs it will give to your pokemon when killing it.

Like a hoothoot gives you 1 HP (not 2 HP Edited thanks to Dizzi) while a rattata gives you 1 speed, get it?

axz779.png