Already been suggested and denied, MS users wont have priority login. Locked.

Guest Oephi

Well, our user capacity will continue to increase. Which is a developement process. On that regard, giving priority login to MS users as a temporary solution is unlikely going to be a thing.

Here is the breaking point :

Lets say we allowed Priority login to MS users

1- Everyone would buy MS

2- More than 1800 users have MS with a current capacity of 1800 players at one time

3- 1801th player with MS will be unable to login and the promise of a guaranteed login would fail. Which, in definition is a fraud.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to note that this is still in beta, so answering the demand in terms of server capacity isnt exactly the priority (i guess). Your suggestion makes me think of a closed beta with mandatory payment for joining (i know this is not what you said). And still, the number of slots in the same server is already too high in my opinion. The next step in terms of playerbase should be opening new servers, not making more room in this single server, it is already outpopulated, in most places it doesnt "feel" very good to be stacked with 20 other players on the same gym.

Still i see the money argument coming back, more money = more servers. Of course, but not at the cost of equality between members and non members. Note that i have membership myself, so i am not biased at all in this topic.

EDIT : Deathwing is totally right in that regard, making people pay for something PRO can't still technically offer would be terrible.

78820 Well, our user capacity will continue to increase. Which is a developement process. On that regard, giving priority login to MS users as a temporary solution is unlikely going to be a thing.

Here is the breaking point :

Lets say we allowed Priority login to MS users

1- Everyone would buy MS

2- More than 1800 users have MS with a current capacity of 1800 players at one time

3- 1801th player with MS will be unable to login and the promise of a guaranteed login would fail. Which, in definition is a fraud.

If 1800 players purchase priority access that would solve the originating problem by extension.

1800 x$5 is $9000 USD. Don't know what country PRO is originating from, or how you purchase server hardware but $9000USD is enough money to host several servers, NA/EU/AU at top-notch capacity for at least a month.

People wont like it at first, but my suggestion will ultimately lead to more people playing PRO. That may not be your goal, but if growth is what you or the owners seek that is where it is.

I'll take wagers now.

78826 lol are you like not familiar with saving money for an outage of payments?

if they spend 9k a month on servers and then the paymenst stop well they get rekt by their banks and stuff.

With less than $9000 USD per month PRO can manage multiple servers with a larger total capacity and still save money for their mortages.

Don't nit-pick, this isn't an accounting firm. I am still supporting my own suggestions to allow MS players priority slots on the server.

Lol how do you know that... you dont know what they are paying atm and as its beta the software isnt as efficient as it should be. Second is this isnt Blizzard or some other million dollar company having loads of devs working on a good server software that runs hundreds or thousands of slots on budget pcs... this are 2 guys making this as a hobby and they started without great programming knowledge.

P.S.: If you dont like that there will be no MS benefit for reserved slots then dont play PRO ;)

bfb0f11279.PNG

Big shout out to CutieKisty/Neva for this awesome signature pic!

78826 lol are you like not familiar with saving money for an outage of payments?

if they spend 9k a month on servers and then the paymenst stop well they get rekt by their banks and stuff.

With less than $9000 USD per month PRO can manage multiple servers with a larger total capacity and still save money for their mortages.

Don't nit-pick, this isn't an accounting firm. I am still supporting my own suggestions to allow MS players priority slots on the server.

Anyways, re-read what Deathwing said earlier. Outside of the debate of how to improve server capacity, membership giving priority in queue without having the capacity to host everyone that is paying would be a fraud.

@BigBrainAfk : Telling "if you don't like it, then quit" isn't good either... You can dislike an aspect and not throw everything that you like because of it...

78832 Lol how do you know that... you dont know what they are paying atm and as its beta the software isnt as efficient as it should be. Second is this isnt Blizzard or some other million dollar company having loads of devs working on a good server software that runs hundreds or thousands of slots on budget pcs... this are 2 guys making this as a hobby and they started without great programming knowledge.

Software efficiency has nothing to do with this. Please remain on-topic, I've had enough locked threads as it is.

$9000 USD is enough to run this game several fold. "2 guys making this as a hobby and they started without great programming knowledge" should be ecstatic at the idea of having more players join this game and PAY to do so; again, that is exactly what I am suggesting here.

Of course the fact that so much people want to play is thrilling. But you cant deny his argument like that, i think he meant that they dont have the financial stability to make such investment. It has to be done step by step, and having a strong regular playerbase is the only way to have this financial stability, even if at first some people are frustrated by the fullness of the servers :/

I honestly prefer a game that last a long time with a moderate playerbase than a 1 year hype game that ends in a financial disaster.

If members gets priority over free to play players, it means that a free to play player will get kicked so a member can take his place ... might aswell put the game in pay to play mode if this thing happen because no one will play a game where they can randomly be kicked.

A "queue" mode would be a better solution for both f2p/members to make the "logging in" part less painful but I don't know if it's possible.