Already been suggested and denied, MS users wont have priority login. Locked.

Guest Oephi

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PRIORITY IN THE FUTURE QUEUE SYSTEM, and not GRANTED SERVER LOGIN SPACE would be pretty viable IMO, as long as the MS privilege would stay up only until the queue pops [not by kicking someone not MS from the server], if the server is full and you're MS you will still wait in queue

78869 PRIORITY IN THE FUTURE QUEUE SYSTEM, and not GRANTED SERVER LOGIN SPACE would be pretty viable IMO, as long as the MS privilege would stay up only until the queue pops [not by kicking someone not MS from the server], if the server is full and you're MS you will still wait in queue

Actually letting MS people having priority in the queue system wouldnt change much things on this debate : Non MS people will never be able to log in as there will constantly be MS people joinging the queue. It's pretty much creating a queue system only for MS, and telling the others to wait for the server to not be full.

Let me add a few numbers in here to deepen this discussion :

There are currently 100k registered users, which only around 6k users are continuesly active (adding server capacity and timezone difference to that)

Also ; The only users that have priority login are staff members, which doesn't exclude to server capacity (Example : If the current online user count is 1800/1800, it will be 1801+/1800 when staff logs in) If a similar method were to be added for Membership users, the server capacity would be overflooded and cause it to crash, instantly. On that regard, priority access is unlikely to happen.

However, increasing our capacity is within our developement plans. So, in the long run having more slots for all of our players rather than having "If you want to play, you better pay" as a policy is more feasible for our game.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

That was exactly what i wanted to know, thank you !

I was thinking the server capacity/people trying to log at the same time ratio was about 2/3 - 1/2 but 1/3+ seems really huge... A priority system that isn't as discriminating as "staff members" obviously wouldnt work in this situation. If you wanted to be able to actually log in using a priority queue system, you would have to drastically reduce the amount of people targeted by the priority tag. That's exactly the opposite of a membership system, which aims to get as much people supporting the game as possible.

78891 Why not make 2 servers- one server for paying membership, and another server for non paying players.

No.

If another server is going to be added, it will be for all players. Not by splitting non-ms and ms users into each server.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Splitting MS users and non ms users doesnt really seem logical as well, you would get a server with all the extra MS content disabled ? Anyways with the amount of people continually active, adding a single server of equivalent size + having a queue system would already solve most of the issues everyone has to log in atm. Of course there will still be high spikes of players logged in at certain times, but the queuing time would be reasonable (i guess, i can't really do the maths :confused: )

A "queue" mode would be a better solution for both f2p/members to make the "logging in" part less painful but I don't know if it's possible.

As i understood, a queueing system is actually being developped. Or will be soonish.

Good to know :)

The main problem right now is that logging in is 90% of the time based of your luck. It takes 5 mins for some, 30 mins for others ... and you have to spam the "log in" button non-stop. it's really frustrating. At least, with a queue system, you can just click "log in", stay in the queue and do something else while your turn arrive and someone who tried to log in for the past 5 mins will not take the place of someone who tried for the past 30 mins. Less painful and more fair :)