Boss revamp discussion: Need your opinion

Leitah

- Boss requirements: I don't mind the grindy requirements like complete that quest/ have that pokè in your team, they give some focus on the game; maybe playtime is rough if a veteran stopped for a while in a region and is able to rush the following, like sinnoh specific hours requirements.

- Difficulty: Keep it like that. Heck even consider to remove or nerf OHKOs, I used 10 revival herbs on Suicune's Guardian, its Walrein Sheer Cold'ed almost my entire team with a 9/10 ratio;

plus with the new changes I went from using some attacker in my team to let them in PC, replacing with a team full of tanks. 50% precision on OHKOs is hard enough, followed by statuses, crits, and so on

- Cooldown: 12 days is a weird number in a month but it's fine, like many other said one can enjoy the game without being stressed by the idea to grind boss, specially if you don't have time. Maybe 10 days because everyone loves round numbers and you have the feeling to get a chance on third reward one per months. Rewards can stays like that, but I wish I can encouter those little thieves who stole all the guardian's money since I didn't get a $ from them yet.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boss requirments: leave out banning entire attributes thats weak. Banning ez clearers like snorlax is fine just don't overdo it. Folks don't train them to 100 so they can't be used anywhere.

Difficulty: Fine as it is. Any more and it just becomes unfair and people will use more cheese tactics the harder you make them. Mega gengar for example is just silly I don't wanna fight that thing with level 150 and dark types banned so maybe dont go overboard.

Cooldown: We already have minibosses, 2 weeks is fine. Nobody wants to dailyscape pokemon

Requirements: Please dont change requirments..I could not complete Requirements for all bosses..But I Could fight somme of em.....changing requirements will be a great trouble for newbie players like me....

Difficulty: They are too tough already.....but I think Koichi and Brock are easy...I think they need to be more difficult... but more difficult they are more should be the rewards......Or simply could U add some more bosses in Kanto??Plzzz

Cooldown: The more the cooldown days is better for me.....I can do school works and play it with no troubles.....

- Boss requirements (playtime, not having one poke in your team, ...)

I think boss requirements are good, overall. I have to say that in some cases i was confused about the requirements, for example terminator "sinnoh champ" since he isnt anywhere near sinnoh. Maybe tweak required times though, because even though im fine with it right now i remember missing 30-80 hrs sometimes which tilted me.

- Difficulty (would you mind getting tougher, more challenging bosses but for the same rewards?)

I like the Difficulty, bosses can be unfair when they crit etc. but this is what makes PRO unique, i feel like the bosses should require niche pokemons to beat and thats what keeps people interested.

- Cooldown (would you mind getting 4-5 days cooldowns, but with a lowered amount of rewards?)

This is where i think changes should be done. I can speak for myself only though, but i really like to do a "boss rush" evening one every two weeks but the cooldown timers of some bosses don't line up properly. I would like to have bosses have 2 classes of cooldown - meaning some with long CD and some with short CD (rewards balanced respectively) - This would make the boss rushing way more enjoyable. There could ofc be 3 or more CD classes but i think keeping things simple should still be the best way of trying it out (some sort of Beta or anything).

PS:

As someone who played ALOT recently i am very disappointed by the legendarys i've got and this is where my request comes from:

Consider having a reward for each boss for reseting IV's (long CD bosses) and Nature reroll (short CD bosses). These rewards should, if desired, only be obtainable once per boss. Theres obviously alot to balance around this like dropchance (i had below 5% in my mind), so this could be another thing you can think about when reworking or not reworking bosses.

Cheers

anotherclown

Requirements: The requirement of having a celebi is a little absurd imo because completing Kanto dex itself is a long way if doing on your own and expensive otherwise.

Difficulty: The difficulty level is fair. The crits are enough to fuck us up anyway. Boss Thor is a little difficult though with most of the Pokemon which can withstand hits from level 120s being banned.

Cooldown: This is fine as it is.

ezgif-7-343dbc236acb.png

Boss requirements :

Playtime, and some type requirements are fine actually.

Difficulty :

It's already hard enough for some of them but not impossible. The difficulty on the hard ones is fine since we have to think twice for the team instead of go in randomly.

But as another player said before, it could be nice to have the choice to choose the difficulty level. Higher level for higher rewards. Like the 2 boss during valentine's day event for example. It can be fine for noobs i guess.

Cooldown :

It's not easy to do all the bosses of the game when the cooldown is up. So better not reduce the cooldown if the rewards are reduced too. It takes a lot of time to make them all. And you do that, it will be like mini-boss : not done anymore. In my opinion mini-bosses are waste of time due to their positionning (ho-oh and rayquaza especially). It will be the same for bosses with 5d cooldown.

In my opinion, the bosses are quite balanced for those 3 things. If you plan to do something, i propose to add some new fun bosses like one who required ONLY fire type pokemon or one with full shiny pokemon etc... no need big rewards on them, just for fun.

I guess there are much more others things to remake instead of bosses.

STORAGE SYSTEM !!! :D

Collecting shinies from 1st and 2nd generations in Silver Server. Take a look at my collect here.

Visit my pvp shop here and my shiny shop here. You can even take a look at my wish list here.

Boss requirement : I think more requirements are needed. - with better rewards.

Difficulty : I think they should have rotating/random teams so you can’t go in with a flawless team every time. (I have one team that that take out 90% of the bosses without items.). It should be random where you don’t go in knowing it’s an easy win. - but with better rewards

Cooldown : depends. Current reward system sucks, you wait for 3 wins to get a trash IV Pokemon. And you spend more traveling than you do from 1st and 2nd wins. I think with current rewards it should be 5 days. Or get some better rewards and keep them longer. 30+ days for one “good reward pick” and it’s usually trash

Edited by Crimson

Boss requirements: Don't change i think they are fine

Difficulty I don't know about that cause some boss got the same difficulties but not the same rewards. I know you said don't talk about rewards, but its necessary to talk about it when you talk about difficulties. Some boss in Kanto give around 6500 P$ rewards and have the same difficulties than some who give 20 000 P$. Then you should make a change about it like UP the difficulties of some boss with lnormal/high rewards. Or lower the difficulties of this boss for low rewards

Cooldown : It depend on reward too cause when i fight Pumpkin king for example, rewards are low but i have to wait 12 days. Other boss i can have really more like love island boss, sinnohs's boss but for the same cooldown. I think bosses who get the lower rewards should have a lower couldown like 4- 5 days. You should adapt it in fonction of difficulties and rewards

giphy.gif

1511823475-1d6b7b7b9512fb86ea0c6842dbc0b10e.png