Politoed's hidden abillity [SOLVED]

Pokemondzoto

Hi there,

quick question: if my Poliwhirl has hidden abillity (swift swim) and I evolve it, what is the chance for getting by my Politoed its hidden abillity (Drizzle)? It is 100% or maybe only 5% as while catching wild Pokemons?

Thanks for help :)

Hi there. If the pre-evolution of Politoed (Poliwag/Poliwhirl) has a hidden ability, your Politoed will also have a hidden ability. It's guaranteed.

Hope this clarifies things for you!

Fluffles_Sig_Toge_Lurk_2.png

General Support PRO Reporting Punishment Policy Discipline Appeals

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will be sent to the Black Forest, never to be seen again.

OK, thanks :) And do you know if exist any way to check if my Pokemon has that hidden abillity? For example if I want to check if my Poliwhirl has hidden abillity Swift Swim- how I can check it?

Hi there. If you go into your pokedex, the third ability listed under the pokemon is usually the Hidden Ability. You can also look up the hidden ability of a pokemon online.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Ok, but if I caught for example 10 Poliwags, how I could discover which one has hidden abillity? In Pokedex is only info about name of its hidden abillity, I cannot use Pokedex to find that one of my Pokemons with hidden abillity (or maybe I make something wrong). Can I find out that ONE Pokemon from my storage who has that hidden abillity?

Ok, but if I caught for example 10 Poliwags, how I could discover which one has hidden abillity? In Pokedex is only info about name of its hidden abillity, I cannot use Pokedex to find that one of my Pokemons with hidden abillity (or maybe I make something wrong). Can I find out that ONE Pokemon from my storage who has that hidden abillity?

In this image you can see that the Hidden Ability has a different color than the normal ones. You can see that it is colored orange. (swift swim in this case)

[spoiler=Hidden Ability in Pokedex (ORANGE ONE)]

To check instead if your poliwag has an Hidden Ability you can click on your pokemon from your team or pc, and check its ability, if it will have the same name of the orange one you will find in the pokedex, then you will know that your pokemon has an hidden ability.

[spoiler=Hidden Ability in your Pokemon]

As you can see, in the 2nd pictures i linked to you, the ability is SWIFT SWIM and it's the same you can find in orange in the pokedex. (as you can see in the image above)

I would like to add that the normal % to find an Hidden Ability is 5% but it can be raised to 25% using the Black Medallion, that you can buy in the coin shop for 40C or from another player.

Hope i could help you, wish you a good day and have fun on PRO!

Edited by Keita

Wow, thanks mate for completely amazing work and help!

I think I've been misunderstood really basic thing about Pokemon ^^ Shame to confess, but I've thought that any Pokemon apart from possessing hidden abillity still has one of its basic abillities ^^ And Pokemon with hidden abillity has actually 2 different abillities at the same time. But now I suppose that I was wrong, is not it? :D

Wow, thanks mate for completely amazing work and help!

I think I've been misunderstood really basic thing about Pokemon ^^ Shame to confess, but I've thought that any Pokemon apart from possessing hidden abillity still has one of its basic abillities ^^ And Pokemon with hidden abillity has actually 2 different abillities at the same time. But now I suppose that I was wrong, is not it? :D

A pokemon can only have one ability at a time. If your pokemon has a hidden ability, it will no longer have one of the regular abilities. As shown by the user above, you are able to see if you have a hidden ability if your pokemon's ability matches the ability in orange in your pokedex.

Please let me know if you have any further clarifications.

Ok, my bad :D Thanks for help once again, problem is solved ;)

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. With that said, will now be locking this thread.

Good luck and have a great day!