Hoenn Excavation Sites?

Piine

Alright, so let's start.

I been told by most users from the PRO Discord that you can pay 100,000 Pokedollars to gain an Archaeologist Permit.

For some reason, I am not getting that prompt when talking to Fossil Maniac Charles in his house on Route 114., but the finding "6" fragments as stated in the Guide.

I also tried seeing if I can try to get the fragments, but from going to one of the required sites, I'm not getting any prompts from any broken rocks through a pickax nor from any sturdy rock nearby the site.

Not sure if a bug or an issue based on the script, but I feel if we are just giving users two possible scenarios, one being they can pay out right and another being forced to do a task, why don't give the user the ability to choose?

If I remember correctly, I didn't have to pay 100k for the excavation sites. Instead I just found some rocks and returned to the excavation bloke. (might've just been because I did the quest day 1 of hoenn) I don't remember getting prompts from the rocks though, I believe you just go around and smash all the rocks at each site. They're probably stored as variables. The post has been sent to the scripting team by another staff member. Can you specify which account you're using at the moment, Fenne? Difficult for the scripters otherwise. Cheers.

• Like 1

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Alright, so let's start.

I been told by most users from the PRO Discord that you can pay 100,000 Pokedollars to gain an Archaeologist Permit.

For some reason, I am not getting that prompt when talking to Fossil Maniac Charles in his house on Route 114., but the finding "6" fragments as stated in the Guide.

I also tried seeing if I can try to get the fragments, but from going to one of the required sites, I'm not getting any prompts from any broken rocks through a pickax nor from any sturdy rock nearby the site.

Not sure if a bug or an issue based on the script, but I feel if we are just giving users two possible scenarios, one being they can pay out right and another being forced to do a task, why don't give the user the ability to choose?

Hi Piine,

You will be able to buy the permit for 100,000 pokedollars after you finished the task. In other words, you need to collect all 6 rock fragments before being able to buy the permit. I've checked your variables and it seems like you haven't found any of the rock fragments and there isn't any problems with your variables. You can try to search more carefully and keep in mind that not all smashable rocks can give you the fragment, you need to find one that gives you the fragment on each sites. Good luck and hope you have a great day! I will leave this open in case you have any more questions regarding the quest.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper Forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Just to get a clarification, you must complete the task JUST to be able to pay 100k for a permit? (I swear, might as well make us do the task and not pay in the first place...)

Was it always like this, as from different perspectives from other users, it seems like this has been changed throughout it's addition to the game itself?