Can someone help me with a solar team? i would appreciate it

Mulumunino0210

If you're new to PvP, I would not recommend Sun. At all.

Reasons:

1. Weak matchups overall. Tyranitar, Pelipper, Heatran, Latios, Chansey, Weavile etc. bully you out of the metagame.

2. Sun, like most weather playstyles, tends to have relatively polarized matchups. This is bad for the development of skill - games are often decided at Team Preview, limiting the impact of prediction and strategy. There is little a Sun team can do about Tyranitar and Heatran, besides hoping the opponent makes a significant mistake.

3. Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes. Weather setters need to survive over the course of game to keep weather abusers from being completely worthless. Both Ninetales and Torkoal are highly susceptible to hazard damage, and have limited recovery options to restore their health. As an addendum, Charizard is terrible in PvP due to its 4x Stealth Rock weakness and its lack of immediate game-ending potential of something like Quiver Dance Volcarona.

4. As an addendum to point 2, sun sweepers are far weaker without their weather than their rain and sand counterparts. Excadrill is threatening outside of the sand because of its solid typing and huge Attack. Kingdra possesses reasonable defensive typing and its Specs Draco Meteor is a nuke, regardless of the weather. In contrast, Venusaur is much easier to effortlessly wall, while Entei and Darmanitan lack powerful secondary STAB options.

tl;dr don't run sun if you're new

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!