Censor swear words of other languages

Johntrololo

Hi guys.

We all know that english is protected against swears in the chat; but what about the other languages?

In french; we've got a lot of nono words.

For example:

- "Connard"; "Connasse"; "Encule/Enculé/Enculer"; "Pute"; "Sodomie"; "Masturber/masturb"; "fdp"; "couille"; "gueule"...

French nono words you cannot censor because it may be annoying for other languages:

- "Con"; "pd"; "anal"; "tg" ...

The French chat aren't moderated, and I guess it would be interesting to censor the words above to improve the general atmosphere and avoid insults (because sometimes; on "French" chat; it's not cool; not cool at all ...).

It would be nice to do it with the most spoken languages of the game, including Spanish and Portuguese, with paying attention to the fact that it does not bother the other languages.

Have a nice day guys.

85662 If we could get a list of all swear words of French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, this would be a great idea.

Here's something to start with

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_censored_words_in_Generation_V

No list for other language besides those, unfortunately.

But eh, I know a few of the staffs are from Indonesia, you can ask them for a list for Indonesian language.

85942 Just talked to the rest of the team about this. It's not possible. It would sensor words that aren't swear words in English.

Is it possible to make a list of censored words for each official language chat? For instance, in the official french chat there would be only french swear words censored (Eventually also common english swear words), same for the other chats.

I know an overall censorship would censor words from other languages which aren't bad, this actually happens for the word "shower" in french (D*uche) and tends to turn a normal phrase ("I'll go and shower, brb") in phrases which could be badly interpreted ("I'll go and ****** , brb")