Statistics formula discrepancy

Revelorange

There's a discrepancy between in game stats and what they should be according to the stats formula!

I don't even remember what led me to discover this, but after delving into it, I can't resolve the discrepancy. After correcting for EVs, when stats are recalculated, and possible rounding, I have found that for many pokemon, there is a single stat point difference between what a stat should be and what it is in game. This difference is always in the stat that is negatively affected by nature, and it's always one higher in game than expected from the formula; that part is nice at least :p

My calculations have been done with relatively low level pokemon, so it's possible the discrepancy gets larger at higher levels, I don't know. Goes away? Maybe, but that would be very strange, and still wouldn't explain why it exists at lower levels.

I have examples of calculations on the google sheet found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U-xAmCNjelzyYfqRj0ntrQ4Ce9vxZAmo8yABgkjAEpE/edit?usp=sharing

For reference, here's the official stats formula: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Statistic#In_Generation_III_onward

The first page has two clear and easy examples. It shows calculations for a furret and a pikachu, each before and after its first battle. In each case, I recorded the actual stats in game, the IVs and the EVs, and confirmed the base stats as found in the pokedex in game. Then, I went through 27 different possible ways of rounding the official stats formula (the fff and such on the row above the numbers refers to the combinations of rounding methods). Then, in the row below, I check that each calculated stat agrees with the listed in game stat. If they all do, that cell is marked TRUE. Finally, in the cell marked 'any possible agreement', I see if any of the different rounding methods yield stats that all agree with the in game stats.

As you can see, there is no combination of rounding in which the calculated stats agree with in game stats for that pikachu, either before (a freshly caught pikachu with no EVs) or after (after one single battle, probly against a pidgey or something, where it got one speed EV). Having taken into account IVs, EVs, base stats, nature, and rounding, there is still a difference between expected and actual stats. Why is this?

The second tab of the sheet shows calculations for the stats of many other pokemon; I tried to record these right after leveling up. Many of them are also freshly caught pokemon, so EVs aren't a factor. The second level 7 modest pikachu is probly a misrecord. As is evident, whenever there is a difference it is in the stat negatively affected by nature, but there is not always a difference when a nature negatively affects a stat.

This got my attention, and because it is assumed that PRO uses the official stat formula (as seen in this thread https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=12824), I can't simply attribute it to rounding error or an unknown stat formula. It could be that the stat formula is different, but seeing as PRO uses the same base stats, and that it uses EVs and IVs, implicitly it uses the same stat formula. Also, if the formula is different, why is it so close anyway? Seems odd.

So, different formula? Some factor I haven't thought of? This is weird! What's going on?