To be able to change Sprites

Crimsondragonex

1. 1.

well, I don't think this needs any priority or anything, but I propose for there to be a way to change between the 2D and 3D, animated sprites from XY/ORAS, which Pokemon Showdown uses

here's what I mean with 2D:

BQP7Q6X.png

and here's what I mean with the 3D animated version:

YKxfq8g.gif

is there a way for the 3D animated sprites to be implemented into the game, be it a patch or a toggle of sorts?

if it comes down to replacing the Sprites, just teach me how and I'd do it myself

89897 The pokemon moving (3D) ưill never implemented.

then... the file system doesn't supports gifs?

No it doesn't, as far as I know there's not any core coding languages that support just inserting a gif and letting it run. You have to manually cycle the images to make the animation, which would cause unnecessary load on lower end devices.

89897 The pokemon moving (3D) ưill never implemented.

No it doesn't, as far as I know there's not any core coding languages that support just inserting a gif and letting it run. You have to manually cycle the images to make the animation, which would cause unnecessary load on lower end devices.

oohhh I see, didn't know that

then, it would only be possible to insert still images?

Yeah, they'd have to take each frame of that Nidorino gif, add it as an image, and then code it to cycle through the images. Say that animation has 30 frames, and they want to run it at 10 frames per second, they'd need to make the device update the image every tenth of a second, then after three seconds, loop back to the first image, which can cause a lot of strain on devices like android. That's unfortunately why it's not very feasible for them to add the 3D models, even as gifs, because it would stop running on most Androids easily.

Yeah, they'd have to take each frame of that Nidorino gif, add it as an image, and then code it to cycle through the images. Say that animation has 30 frames, and they want to run it at 10 frames per second, they'd need to make the device update the image every tenth of a second, then after three seconds, loop back to the first image, which can cause a lot of strain on devices like android. That's unfortunately why it's not very feasible for them to add the 3D models, even as gifs, because it would stop running on most Androids easily.

I suggested it as an option for the android users

I didn't say ''PUT 3D SPRITES NAO''

I said that there should be an option to change between them if there's the chance

and by still image I meant this one 033.png