< Marketing / PCC / Trade / DB & TB >

Rhazes

[JUSTIFY]Hello everyone![/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Firstly, thanks for coming to check my topic, I hope with our ideas, the Pokémon Revolution can evolve even more![/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Well, first of all let me put forward an apology if my English is not so good, I'm still practicing. I'll tell you a little about my way here. I am 24 years old, Professor of Geography, Administration and Design of Games in a college here in Brazil. I've always really enjoyed Pokémon and Digimon, but ... Pokémon games have always caught my eye because of an incredible potency of mechanisms that can be adapted.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]I recently played two other fan Pokémon Online servers where battles in doubles and threes were possible while on another server ... There was a Marketplace, where commonly in MMOs scattered around, you could find a product just by searching for your name or category in a listing.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Which brings me to my ideas, and to what we are going to discuss today.[/JUSTIFY]

marketing.png.8f246b3ec8f04917cfc0d0066b4d1db3.png

[JUSTIFY]The great truth is: almost no player likes to get stuck in a chat, announcing their pokémons in the spell of getting some money to pursue their adventure. Even so, we have some players who like to negotiate prices, and try to collect the best for themselves. That way, I'd like to propose a place - it can be an NPC for people who do not have Membership, while those who have it will have a shortcut enabled - so that the Marketplace is implemented.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]- You can advertise your Pokémon directly in Marketing, where they will be filtered by name and price.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]- A "bid" system can also be added, where it will have a minimum price and a maximum price. Whoever pays the maximum, will take the Pokémon, but if this does not happen, the last offer will win. Bid can have a term of 24 hours.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]- All Products, whether items or Pokémon, may have a limited duration in the trade, which prevents players from abusing the system.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]- Items can also be placed to sell separately from Pokémon.[/JUSTIFY]

I made a small exemple, to make it better to understand.

[TABLE][TR][TD]

[JUSTIFY]- Pokémon: (The categories here would need to be based on the Pokémon's attributes, taking into account their [/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]primary attribute, so a Water / Ground Pokémon would never appear in the Ground category, but would appear in Water.)[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]> Water[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]> Grass[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]> Ground[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][...][/JUSTIFY]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

[TABLE][TR][TD]

[JUSTIFY]Items:[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]> Stones (Leaf, Dusk, Moon ...)[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]> Medicine (Items that do not necessarily sell within Game Stores, or that are harder to find).[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]> PVP items.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][...][/JUSTIFY]

[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]

[JUSTIFY]Specials: (clothes and cash items)[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]> Head.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]> Clothing.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]> Mounts[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]> Membership[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]> Others.[/JUSTIFY]

[...]

[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]

With this example, it is very easy to understand, how useful would be something like this, right? Well, I await your opinion.

*It is worth remembering that everything that will be said here is just an "idea", this discussion is being used just to say how best to use it.

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

79883632_Pkcentertradeitens.png.3c518d4bc75ce66429bc7dd6f0b58a08.png

[JUSTIFY]That part is really pretty basic. When we play a game like Pokémon, where we do not have exactly many "directions" as in other MMOs (you get a quest, and there is a "mini map" where you show where you should go, or at least signal the location of your quest), we must always be organizing our play, for the great majority of the things we do in it must be remembered by ourselves.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]One great example that I would like to take is the Poke computer storage, where we store our Pokémon. I think the vast majority of players have been frustrated by not being able to do it very well (in my case, I am a water Pokémon trainer, so I would like to have a Box for my Syncs, another one for my Pokémon of my team, and so on). I would like to propose that the computer system allow us to allocate the Pokémon in any of our boxes, any way we want. This would greatly improve this particular system.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Another important thing is a Quest Log. A place where we can consult the quest we are doing, and where we are in it. It's really hard to read a dialogue in Pokémon, and understand that we are inside a Quest, without something to point it out. A quest log would not only show us exactly where we are in the game but also give us the exact notion of progression, without having to use tutorials on the internet, to know what to do; which of course, generates much more immersion.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Now, the last part of this point: Trade.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]It's been a long time since I've seen Trade doing pretty bad for items. We need to allocate some Pokémon with the items we are buying, so these can be sold to players. This is archaic. PRO already has a direction to go, worrying about "making difficult" exchanges with other players, is really something unnecessary for the way the game is taking. Allowing the exchange of items, without having to put them in Pokémon, is an urgent matter.[/JUSTIFY]

battle.png.eea47858b8db7dc84be44c057b124a3d.png

At that point, I really had to do a lot of research to understand the great difficulty of programming something like that. I do not know exactly if the Pokémon servers already come with this schedule, or if you need to create from scratch ... But here, let's talk about "Battles in Double and Trio".

In one of the servers that caught my eye, there was the possibility that you and your friends could meet and fight in pairs or trios. To be easier to understand, I will follow only with the example of the double battle - but, whatever I say, it will also be applied to trio battles.

In these fights, we will have four players, 2 v 2 - where they will be able to select the amount of Pokémon that must be used during the battle. I also separated some options that may be useful during battles of this genre.

[TABLE][TR][TD]

- Number of Pokémon that can be used (1, 2, 3 ...) during the battle for each player.

- Minimum level for the fight.

- Use of Items / Locked or not.

- Legendary usable: Yes or no.

... are simple settings for a complicated system. Even so, I do not think it's such a problem to be raised in a game of the magnitude of PRO.

*Again, I would like to point out that all things described here are just ideas. Not necessarily the systems should work as I am speaking, and can be modified.

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, so I end this topic, hoping that some Administrator will see it.

I wish the best for my favorite Pokémon game, right now, thank you for your patience for reading something with such bad English.

Thanks, and I'll await answers.

Edited by Rhazes
  • Like 3

Hey, I really like the effort you put into this but most of the things are either already suggested, (PC, Marketplace) denied (Double Battles) or implemented (Item Trade via Post).

For the Quest tracker, I don’t think it’s necessary at all and just makes the game seem linear. It’s the charm of the game not to know what to do at some point.

Edited by Chris

Discord: Chris'#7430

Hey, I really like the effort you put into this but most of the things are either already suggested, (PC, Marketplace) denied (Double Battles) or implemented (Item Trade via Post).

For the Quest tracker, I don’t think it’s necessary at all and just makes the game seem linear. It’s the charm of the game not to know what to do at some point.

[JUSTIFY]Thanks for the quick response.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Actually, I already imagined that these subjects had been discussed, they have probably been discussed over and over again. But if we want something as a community, I think it would be interesting to keep a straight line toward our goals.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Just by drawing a line, we can make administrators see our orders. Marketing, and being able to tidy up the PC the way you want it to, this is a very interesting thing to play and that would probably take him to another level. Being constantly testing tools and implementing content is the key to a successful game.[/JUSTIFY]

Finally someone who is really giving good ideas. It's extremely necessary to play a Marketing game, I'm tired of selling something in that damn Trade chat. Every MMO owns something like that.

People say "you're going to miss the essence of Pokémon", go fuck yourself. It is an MMO, Pokémon Revolution already has its other difficulties that give the essence of Pokémon, the game is practically raw, without those mechanics that you mentioned. I find it incredible how the owners of the game did not volunteer to do anything. Congratulations on the topic.

Finally someone who is really giving good ideas. It's extremely necessary to play a Marketing game, I'm tired of selling something in that damn Trade chat. Every MMO owns something like that.

People say "you're going to miss the essence of Pokémon", go [heck] yourself. It is an MMO, Pokémon Revolution already has its other difficulties that give the essence of Pokémon, the game is practically raw, without those mechanics that you mentioned. I find it incredible how the owners of the game did not volunteer to do anything. Congratulations on the topic.

[JUSTIFY]Our Pokémon server is really very good. Unfortunately, I miss some tools that would characterize it as an MMO. I say this, because, I believe that if someday (some day even), Nintendo decided to make a Pokémon MMO, it would use those same mechanics. I see no reason why the Marketplace should be denied by the community, if it is something that is just there to help.[/JUSTIFY]