Cant teach Smeargle Sketch

Lemonlarry

Hi,

I've been training a smeargle and to level it up and train EV's i had to teach it one move (mega drain) and also it sketched falseswipe from when i caught it.

After i was done with EV's i level'ed it up 20+ level so i could overwrite my old moves with new learned sketches....but it did not work unfortunately and i also didnt even notice the first time.

What i mean by that is, when the game asked me to learn sketch i pressed on falseswipe/megadrain and it did not overwrite. Now im stuck with only 2 more sketches to learn and i really need those. Move Relearner also doesnt work for Smeargle as i just found out.

I feel like im missing something stupid here..help would be much appreciated!!

Greetings Lemonlarry

Hi,

I've been training a smeargle and to level it up and train EV's i had to teach it one move (mega drain) and also it sketched falseswipe from when i caught it.

After i was done with EV's i level'ed it up 20+ level so i could overwrite my old moves with new learned sketches....but it did not work unfortunately and i also didnt even notice the first time.

What i mean by that is, when the game asked me to learn sketch i pressed on falseswipe/megadrain and it did not overwrite. Now im stuck with only 2 more sketches to learn and i really need those. Move Relearner also doesnt work for Smeargle as i just found out.

I feel like im missing something stupid here..help would be much appreciated!!

Greetings Lemonlarry

Hello there! I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I would like to inform you that i was not able to replicate this error and I would like you to make a clean installation of the game again and try the same.

A clean installation means, You have to delete all the existing PRO files (compressed/apk), and clear the cache of your device using an application (like CCleaner) and re-install the game.

Looking forward for a reply.

Deep Regards.

- Aghanim.

PRO Rules -- Punishment Policy -- General Support -- How to Report

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Use the appropriate forum to help others having the issue too.

Unsolicited messages will be removed.

Hi thanks for the reply!

I did just what u said, deleted all existing PRO files (compressed and decompressed) and cleaned my cache and everything with the latest version of CCleaner before reinstalling.

Unfortunately it still did not work.. the exact same error occured, i was unable to overwrite my previous moves. Now my smeargle is lvl 81, and can only learn 1 more sketch by lvl up, but i need 2.. help would still be much appreciated!! :)

Greetings Lemonlarry

Hi thanks for the reply!

I did just what u said, deleted all existing PRO files (compressed and decompressed) and cleaned my cache and everything with the latest version of CCleaner before reinstalling.

Unfortunately it still did not work.. the exact same error occured, i was unable to overwrite my previous moves. Now my smeargle is lvl 81, and can only learn 1 more sketch by lvl up, but i need 2.. help would still be much appreciated!! :)

Greetings Lemonlarry

Hello there!

I would like to inform you that the pokemon cannot learn the same move twice, same goes for sketch.

Meaning, If the pokemon already has sketch in its moveset, He will not learn another sketch in another slot. Therefore, you will need to use the sketch beforehand to learn a new sketch.

I hope this fixes the problem, Looking forward for a reply!

Deep Regards.

- Aghanim.

Hi

Its working now!

I was confused by the mechanics since it it possible to teach Smeargle Sketch 4 times by level up..

Anyway thanks alot! This has been very helpful.

Can be closed now

Greetings Lemonlarry

Hello there!

Glad to hear that the problem is solved. Feel free to make new topics for new questions.

Have a nice day!

Deep Regards.

- Aghanim