Rule for PVP

Belzebel

if this was made a rule it would make absolutely no sense, being honest right here. i have found alot of people who do that just to tilt me but tbh i could careless cause i beat them even tho they do that, all i am trying to say is that, that pvp for you and yes belz i have played with a player like that on a showdown tour

agreed. they do it just to tilt you you just gotta be the bigger man and soldier through it if they're winning and they feel like gettin in your head a little bit thats all part of competitive play while annoying and frustrating its not worth making a new rule over. thats my 2 cents on the matter anyways

• Like 2

Nabs2.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is not how I feel about the battle. If they wanna tilt me or not, that's their problem. The problem is my time wasted. It is not fun to play a game where people are there just to make you feel bad and in the process they waste 12 turns of your life using moonblast and softtboil against a Gastrodon locked in earthquake that could die in one turn. I don't understand your reason for defending people like that, and I hope it is not because you are one of these people. Stalling and Time stalling are different things. Stalling is a strategy, even though it's boring. Time stalling is like "I will waste your time for no reason, because I'm tug life." It frustrates people and make them wanna stop playing the game. Some times I prefer playing showdown because the community is bigger and they usually don't know each other, so they don't hate each other or don't wanna prove they are better or something. They wanna play quick games and just win/lose quickly. In PRO is all about reputation. "I wanna beat Belzebel, and I will stall her out until she is 90 years old". It is boring, it makes the game boring.

sign2.png

This rule doesn't make much sense in my oppinion, yeah it's annoying when people make the match last longer then needed, but it's part of the game, it's not like they're time stalling, just take the lossif it's the case and do better next time, but don't see why people should be banned or punished over something like this.

I understand the frustration, I really do, but don't think it's a case to make a rule over it, only suggestion I can make really is PM said person and ask to just finish or something, but banning or punishing him/her seems a bit too much

Edited by Pedrawr
  • Like 1

Consider the implications such rule would have. 'time stalling' can come from several other factors which have nothing to do with toxicity. To name a few: slow internet, screen-sharing with friends, using calculators to check the exact amount of damage... and the most important one > ignorance.

How many people in this game have absolutely no idea what they are doing? They barely know the basic types mechanics, figures what a random poke with a random set does to another. It could be that that player wanted a sure win, hence the calm mind spam. Is it annoying for you? Of course, but it is part of the game. Don't like it? Don't play it.

Same goes for PP stalling. The Struggle mechanic is in place to enforce a hard-cap in regards of time, so there you go they can not stall you forever. I have won 3 battles thanks to Struggle, when 'on paper' and had the other guy used a different move-set i i would have surely lost. Took me a while to set up, was extremely frustrating for him and took a long time, but i had used PP-ups on even rapin-spin and his 2 pokes struggled before my single one. I won the battle fair and square utilizing mechanics.

Now, if a rule such as yours is implemented, it would leave everything up to interpretation. It would make everything black or white, and at the end of the day innocent people might get punished for not having an as deep game knowledge as yours or factors outside their control

You said you had lost the game either way, i presume 12 to 15 turns can be very close to 10 minutes. So why not just dc, grab a cup of tea and come back?

TLDR: happens, it is normal. Securing a win or styling should not be punishable. You don't like it? Don't PvP.

Suggestion: why don't you play Hyper-offensive teams and have super short games like i oftentimes do?

• Like 2

Is this a joke?

Things are discussed and decided by the moderation staff not by you, you are just suggesting a rule change.

Every change rule isn't a one side decision, just letting you know how the things are handled here.

• Like 1

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will purified.