Suspicious Heracross

Dogenitee

Hi, I am having trouble with Suspicious Bot's Heracross, every time I face it, it wipes out my whole team by outspeeding pokes that it shouldn't be able to. According to Showdown, the maximum possible speed on a 100lv Hera is 295, and since it can use different moves, I assume it is not holding a choice scarf. So how does it always outspeed my Salamence with 312 speed and my scarfed porygon z which should have 399? Could this be a bug or am I missing something here? Thank you.

https://imgur.com/LGu4kRX

Hey there!

As Namelesshero already said, NPCs can hold Choice Items without getting locked into a move. Therefore, they essentially get a +1 in either Special Attack, Attack or Speed, depending on the Choice Item they use. This is the reason why Heracross is able to outspeed your Pokemon, as it has a total speed stat of 443 Speed. I hope that Namelesshero's reply and mine resolved your questions. In case you happen to have further questions, feel free to let me know. Otherwise, I will lock this thread as resolved. I hope that you have a great day.

Kind regards, Noxious

spacer.png

General Support | Bug Resolution Center | Punishment Policy

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper sub-forum so others can share their knowledge and help.

Hey there!

This is indeed intentional to make NPCs and Bosses harder. Therefore, most rewards of the reworked Bosses on Hard Mode were buffed, as it is a challenge to beat them. I hope that my replies clarified some things for you. Please let me know if you happen to have further questions. I hope that you have a great remaining day.

Kind regards, Noxious

spacer.png

General Support | Bug Resolution Center | Punishment Policy

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper sub-forum so others can share their knowledge and help.