Genesect requirements

Mudkipcool

OK, so I manage to catch a Pokemon with a high enough total IV in the Bug Catching contest and Judge asked me to speak with him when I get out. did and it's saying that I'm still "inexperienced". So I checked the Genesect page in the forum and it seems I need 200 more hours. Got a few questions:

#1 Do I immediately have to catch Genesect after the event is triggered or I can do it any time and continue joining Bug Catching even if I haven't got Genesect first?

#2 Do I encounter Genesect in the same scenario like the Contest where I'd only have 1 Pokemon in the party? That's the impression I'm getting from the Genesect thread suggesting to bring a Mew.

Hey there!

First of all, congratulations on catching a 140+ IV'ed Bug-type Pokemon. In order to be able to capture Genesect, you have to have 500+ hours. You can read more about the quest here. I will now answer your questions one by one.

You have to talk to the Contest Judge outside the Bug Catching Area once you have more than 500 hours. You can still enter the Bug Catching Contest and do it on a baily basis, you do not have to catch Genesect to continue doing the event.

Regarding your second question, you can simply talk to the Contest Judge in the Stop House, as said above. Make sure to bring a Synchronize Pokemon and a Pokemon with False Swipe and Spore with you, to have the best odds for catching the Genesect.

I hope that my reply solved all of your questions. If you happen to have further questions, feel free to let me know. Otherwise, I will lock this thread as resolved. I hope that you have a great remaining day.

Kind regards, Noxious

spacer.png

General Support | Bug Resolution Center | Punishment Policy

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper sub-forum so others can share their knowledge and help.