Pursuit doesn't trap Baton Pass.

Yakuzah

Hello!

I just play vs a very interesting team wich strategy is based Baton Pass Speed with Scolipede.

Countereable if you predict and trap Scolipede (Pursuit in my case).

The problem is that Scolipede can Baton Pass freely vs Pursuit.

Then scolipede can easily pass +2 speed to any team mate in cases when Scolipede should be death.

My question is:

As this will be fixed when the new battle system comes, maybe we should valorate a ban on the move, or un the pokemon.

Thanks for your time.

Update: I had no time to check info in the red. If is like that how the move it supossed to work then just tell me and sorry for waste time.

(See you in some hours)

Working time :)

Greetings, Yakuzah.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. To begin with, there are 2 scenarios between these 2 moves:

• If the Pursuit user is slower from the Baton Pass user, then Pursuit should deal double damage (40x2 = 80 BP).
  • If the Pursuit user is faster from the Baton Pass user, then Pursuit should NOT deal double damage (40x1 = 40 BP).

In your case, it's the first scenario. However, that does not work as intended in PRO and it's a bug. As you already you, there will be a PvP Code rework in the future, which will fix all kinds of bugs.

As for the ban you mentioned, most of the times PRO follows the banlist from other official Pokemon platforms such as Showdown for competitive scene, with several adjustments to fit PRO's metagame. If it is deemed necessary to be banned due to it being abused or "harming" the game's PvP scene in a way, it will be discussed thoroughly.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this topic, otherwise I'll lock it. Have a great day / night!

• Like 1

PRO RulesPunishment PolicyHow to Report

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Use the appropriate sub-forum to eventually help others with the same issue.

Unsolicited messages will be vanished.

Greetings, Yakuzah.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. To begin with, there are 2 scenarios between these 2 moves:

• If the Pursuit user is slower from the Baton Pass user, then Pursuit should deal double damage (40x2 = 80 BP).
  • If the Pursuit user is faster from the Baton Pass user, then Pursuit should NOT deal double damage (40x1 = 40 BP).

In your case, it's the first scenario. However, that does not work as intended in PRO and it's a bug. As you already you, there will be a PvP Code rework in the future, which will fix all kinds of bugs.

As for the ban you mentioned, most of the times PRO follows the banlist from other official Pokemon platforms such as Showdown for competitive scene, with several adjustments to fit PRO's metagame. If it is deemed necessary to be banned due to it being abused or "harming" the game's PvP scene in a way, it will be discussed thoroughly.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this topic, otherwise I'll lock it. Have a great day / night!

Nothing more, really thanks you for the answer. Feel free to lock the thread.

Nothing more, really thanks you for the answer. Feel free to lock the thread.

Feel free to make another post in the future to let us know about any bugs, so that we are aware of them. Once again, thank you for the report, have a good day!

PRO RulesPunishment PolicyHow to Report

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Use the appropriate sub-forum to eventually help others with the same issue.

Unsolicited messages will be vanished.