Boss Critical Hits

Ferrari

Something is way off with bosses for the past 3 or 4 months now. Multiple critical hits are more of a standard then a rare occurrence it seems. I've seen other people complain about it too and thought they were foolish in what they were complaining about, cause I was going through the same thing and based it on bad luck. But now its just became a constant. By no means I'm asking to remove critical hits, Im asking if it can be looked into, please? This is coming from just ending a boss run (also, past runs) with a suspiciously high loss rate due to the same reoccuring loss condition.

• Like 1

4611717980030500880_1.png

d2weloi-c9775629-ab69-4285-bbe5-51f7eea5dad3.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvOTE5OGI2ZTItYzhmYy00OWMxLWIzNGYtZDc5ZDc0MjgxMDIwXC9kMndlbG9pLWM5Nzc1NjI5LWFiNjktNDI4NS1iYmU1LTUxZjdlZWE1ZGFkMy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.RP-qizDcXMI5iWTclOwULZ8BEWwK84KzfgfL_9i2HKY

• Administrator
Something is way off with bosses for the past 3 or 4 months now. Multiple critical hits are more of a standard then a rare occurrence it seems. I've seen other people complain about it too and thought they were foolish in what they were complaining about, cause I was going through the same thing and based it on bad luck. But now its just became a constant. By no means I'm asking to remove critical hits, Im asking if it can be looked into, please? This is coming from just ending a boss run (also, past runs) with a suspiciously high loss rate due to the same reoccuring loss condition.

Hi @Ferrari

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I would like to inform you that our Developer, Content Scripters and a big pat of the staf has definitely checked calculations with regards to moves in-game and the bosses themselves. These have been tested several times and I assure you that these calculations are done properly.

Along with this, it is also good to note that the Bosses are set to have very good stats and EVs exactly because they are bosses. This is meant to make it difficult to beat and provide you with a challenge. I understand that this may be frustrating, but this is a way of our Content Team to keep players entertained and determined.

However, i can assure you that there is nothing that improve the critical chances of the bosses, but simply the Pokémon stats are really high.

For this specific topic, i suggest you to read BULBAPEDIA - CRITICAL HIT PAGE in order to have a deeper knowledge regard the critical hits.

For the normal moves, you can find the formula here below and then check the link given for further details.

Whether a move scores a critical hit is determined by comparing a 1-byte random number (0 to 255) against a 1-byte threshold value (also 0 to 255); if the random number is less than the threshold, the Pokémon scores a critical hit. If the threshold value is T, then this means the probability (P) of scoring a critical hit is P = T / 256. (It is impossible for a critical hit to be guaranteed; there will always be at least a 1/256 chance that a critical hit will not be scored.)

The value of T is based on a Pokémon's base Speed. For a normal move, T is half the base Speed:

T = BaseSpeed / 2 or P = BaseSpeed / 512

I hope that the information given provided some clarification, please let me know if you have any further questions

Let me know if you need anything else.

• Like 1

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others