Help - Pvp Teambuilding

Guest Thelynk

Guest Thelynk

Hi, i'm new to strategy in Pokemon even if i have read a lot about it lately.

And i find it quite hard to build a team in PRO since all gens are mixed and a lot of movesets are not available.

So i would like some advices for the team i imagined : replacements, movesets (i don't really know which moves are implemented or not)...

Gliscor Poison Heal @Toxic Orb

Careful

- Taunt

- Earthquake

- Toxic

- Roost

- Tyranitar Sandstream @ Choice Scarf

Jolly

- Crunch

- Stone Edge

- Superpower

- ??

- Vaporeon Water Absorb @ Leftovers

Calm

- Rest

- Protect

- Roar

- Surf

- Gengar Levitate @ Leftovers

Timid

- Shadow Ball

- Sludge Bomb

- Thunderbolt

- Psychic

- Togekiss Serena Grace @ Leftovers

Bold

- Air Slash

- Heal Bell

- Roost

- ??

- Lucario Steafast @Life Orb

Jolly

- Close Combat

- Swords Dance

- Extreme Speed

- Iron Tail

Thanks a lot :Heart:

Hello,

This is a well balanced team overall. You may have a hard time against earthquake users and entry hazards though since 3 of your pokemons are weak against ground and you have no rapid spinner/defogger.

Concerning movesets:

Gliscor:

One of the best moveset so far, really good against stallers like blissey because of toxic-taunt combination. I'm not sure if toxic orb is working atm though.

Tyrannitar:

If i'm not mistaken, choice scarf is not available yet. You can go for pursuit as last move or ice punch if you want to hit gliscor.

Vaporeon:

Don't know much about this one. You should probably go for ice beam instead of protect to get rid of dragon types if you lack ice move.

Gengar:

Dunno about this one :p .

Togekiss:

Nasty plot or thunder wave as last move, that's up to you.

Lucario:

Tbh i prefer adamant lucario. Jolly nature is not that usefull because of extreme speed which is a high priority move. The increase in power of an adamant nature will in most cases be more usefull when it comes to revenge killiing.

Iron tail is not available yet, I replaced it with ice punch.

Hope that helped :y: .

tumblr_m8mawhmken1qa8kbzo1_500.gif

Just concerning Gliscor as i'm building one atm : First, good luck getting a poison heal (hidden ability), i've spent 15+ hours farming DD B1F and route 45 and only found 3 gligars in total. Considering you got a 4% chance to get an hidden ability, you can understand getting hidden ab + good nature (50% with sync) + correct IV's can take a LOT of time (rapid calculation tells me 1/200h in average without considering IV...) so you may consider running sand veil for the tyranitar combo, hyper cutter is ok as well. And anyways as I've understood, toxic orb isnt available anymore.

For the moveset : Gliscor only learns Roost as a TM in the handheld game and there isn't any roost TM in game, so it may not be able to learn it. When i got my gligar evolved I'll check egg move tutor and i'll tell you if it is available or not. Taunt/Earthquake/Toxic is very good tho, you may consider knock off as there are a lot of Blisseys in the game and it can help a lot in crippling them. Personnally i prefer running swords dance instead of toxic since the meta is very fast paced, you may not have the time to capitalize on all the toxic ticks.

I saw that your vaporeon is running protect, i may be mistaken but i think protect moves aren't working atm. As Togekiss last move, go for thunderwave, it's the overused moveset and gives its full power to togehaxx. And you will fast realise how paralyse procs are game winning in pro.