Are rain dance/drizzle users bug abusers?

Barney

Hi fellas,

in this thread some trainers reported too much damage from rain dance / drizzle team users. They caculated the damage with the pokemon showdown calculator. Even in the worst case scenario (full evs, enhancing items, crits,....) damage wasnt as high as in PRO.

If this is the case, rain dance/drizzle teams are bugged. Therefore traines who use such teams are bug abusers, which is a reason for a ban!

Could one of the staff confirm or deny this, because if its true then nearly half of the current meta teams are banned!

Update: In this thread Singham wrote a little advise concerning rain and sun teams.

So you are confirming that rain and sun teams are bugged atm?

Politoed (drizzle) --> bug --> bug abuser --> banned from pvp atm?

No, as people did not know about the bug prior to this thread, but I would ask players to stop using Rain and Sun teams for the time being as this will be soon fixed.

So please stop using sun and rain teams for a while.

(But i doubt anybody will stop using them if there are no consequences :Cry: )

Update 2

source: thread

So we are currently not allowed to use weather teams atm?

Yes, but if you observe a player using a weather team, just let them know it is bugged, if the next time you find he is using it, you can report him.

My reaction when people ask me if I'm the Barney from "Barney & Friends"

Yeah man I think that rain and sun teams need to be revised too. But you have to keep in mind that you don't always know the nature/ivs and Evs of the opposing pokemon. But they might be bugged and I kind of hope they are because they are too good xD

Is it really bugged ? i do not know that. I was planning to build a rain team well i guess i should cancel it. I do not want to get banned.

620491_trainercard-Tyano123.png

Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites.