Is the beggining of the game too hard on newcomers?

Crimsondragonex

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually quite enjoyed the slight increased difficulty compared to the handhelds. Honestly, both pokemon and mmos are nothing but grinding. This definitely isn't the game to play if grinding isn't something a person enjoys doing. Lol

94263 maybe u should learn enemy weakness instead of complaining..

Oh man is that a statement. That's definitely a statement... No one's complaining. It's a discussion. And as someone who knows the ins and outs of Pokemon, this game still throws curve-balls at pros at the very beginning and screws us over. Like as Willturner5 said. That freakin' Starmie and it's Ice move.

Anyways, I feel like the game doesn't... prepare you well enough? The game doesn't really give you a feel for what the bosses are going to be like until you go to fight them. And this is a problem thoughout the game as well, most recently I struggled with this in the Game Corner and 5th Gym. All the goons were easy, Giovanni was an unexpected nightmare, even with a fighting and a water type. Then of course all the psychic Pokemon... and then the boss having Poison. Had no idea what to expect.

94209 well, I'd like to hear your thoughts about this

is the game unwelcoming at lower levels, or better put, at the first two gyms?

what would you do to change it?

Well the truth is the 1st and and 2nd gym is little bit hard but not really that challenging they can easily be encounter if u have the pokemon that have the advantages to those gyms. Most new comers that are having a hard time are those who pick charmander as their starter. They don't know how to encounter those gyms and thats what give them a hard time. I easily beat Brock using squirtle and Misty with pikachu.

620491_trainercard-Tyano123.png

Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites.

Oh man is that a statement. That's definitely a statement... No one's complaining. It's a discussion. And as someone who knows the ins and outs of Pokemon, this game still throws curve-balls at pros at the very beginning and screws us over. Like as Willturner5 said. That freakin' Starmie and it's Ice move.

Anyways, I feel like the game doesn't... prepare you well enough? The game doesn't really give you a feel for what the bosses are going to be like until you go to fight them. And this is a problem thoughout the game as well, most recently I struggled with this in the Game Corner and 5th Gym. All the goons were easy, Giovanni was an unexpected nightmare, even with a fighting and a water type. Then of course all the psychic Pokemon... and then the boss having Poison. Had no idea what to expect.

yeah, exactly

the ''boss trainers'' have good teams with good levels and movesets, but wild pokemon and average trainers around them don't have a good enough level or are the same level as in the official games

I can appreciate a proper hard mode pokemon game, but this level difference is... weird

i saw some people complain about it..

PRO giving the way to beat it if u want find a bit..

route 22 giving poliwag at night and mankey to beat brock..

viridian forest giving budew to beat brock and misty..

and pikachu to beat misty..

so nothing to complain about so hard beating brock and misty or something like that..

yeah, exactly

the ''boss trainers'' have good teams with good levels and movesets, but wild pokemon and average trainers around them don't have a good enough level or are the same level as in the official games

I can appreciate a proper hard mode pokemon game, but this level difference is... weird

in another words u just want a simple game with an easy way of leveling??

then u shouldn't play MMO sir..

no MMO simple in everything..

i pick pikachu for my starter..

that clearly a disadvantage for beating brock..

and i never complain about how hard pikachu beating brock..

there is a way if u want to find it..