In your opinion...

Seregonronin

Good day Pokefans!

I have a question; or rather, a group of questions, for those of you who have been playing this game for a while and have a little more experience and understanding.

First, I have only been playing for a few days and have just defeated LT Surge. My situation is this: I read up on IVs and EVs the other day and I think I let it go to my head. Should I even be worrying about that stuff now, catching multiple PKs to try to get a "good one", or should I just play the game and get through the 4 regions? Is EV training only really important in PVP? Is it only going to matter for "end game content"? Will I be missing out if I don't do it from the start?

So many questions similar to these are floating through my brainbox that it is keeping me from enjoying the game for what it is. Please help me make sense of this new world that I have discovered called "EV training"...

Good day Pokefans!

I have a question; or rather, a group of questions, for those of you who have been playing this game for a while and have a little more experience and understanding.

First, I have only been playing for a few days and have just defeated LT Surge. My situation is this: I read up on IVs and EVs the other day and I think I let it go to my head. Should I even be worrying about that stuff now, catching multiple PKs to try to get a "good one", or should I just play the game and get through the 4 regions? Is EV training only really important in PVP? Is it only going to matter for "end game content"? Will I be missing out if I don't do it from the start?

So many questions similar to these are floating through my brainbox that it is keeping me from enjoying the game for what it is. Please help me make sense of this new world that I have discovered called "EV training"...

Dont care about the EV training now..EVS are only important in pvp. Enjoy the story :)

Good day Pokefans!

Hello again.

I think it is best to beat the story first and then hunt good pokes with good evs. However, you can find good pokes with good evs for the story that will also work in PVP. Such as finding a good timid gengar early on in Kanto story when you reach lavender for example. That is all up to you in the end though. Training the evs and levels is a lot easier once the game is complete. You will have access to better areas for EV training that will not take you as long. You may be strapped for money to hunt early on and be better off getting to point of being done with story first. Or you can invest in CC to sell in trade chat to others for pokedollars if you wish. Then use that money to hunt or purchase other pokes. You can pay others with story complete to train for you if you trust them with your pokes. Just take screenshots of the chat and trade in case you are scammed. Then the mods can help you out!

Good luck!