Destiny Bond is broken

Belzebel

Destiny Bond is not coded properly and it is being abused. I know Xylos made a post to not report moves, but... you know, it is affecting pvp rating unfairly.

Even when someone uses Destiny Bond twice in a roll, and it says it failed, it still works. My Volcarona died quiver dancing the first turn against a Gengar where it Destiny Bond, then I quiver danced again and he used destiny bond again, which failed. Then the next turn I was faster and killed him, and my Volcarona still died due Destiny Bond. It shoulnd't happen this way.

• Like 3
sign2.png

Saw the video. Since you are faster than the Gengar after 1 Quiver Dance, you fainted Gengar before the opposing Gengar has a chance to fail Destiny Bond. Destiny Bond stays active until the next turn of the player that used it. For this reason, since you raised your speed and became faster than Gengar, you attacked Gengar again before it was Gengar's turn so Destiny Bond was still in effect.

From Bulbapedia: "When Destiny Bond is used, until the user moves again, if the user faints as the direct result of an attack the attacking Pokémon also faints. If the user takes another turn (including 'inactive' turns such as those spent sleeping or flinching), the effect disappears."

Key phrase is "if the user takes another turn ... the effect disappears". Since you attacked and fainted Gengar before it was able to take its next turn, the effect did not disappear and Volcarona fainted. In the first attempt in the video, you allowed Gengar to use Destiny Bond again (aka taking another turn), which caused it to fail and the effect disappeared so when you attacked the next turn, Volcarona did not faint.

• Like 1

Saw the video. Since you are faster than the Gengar after 1 Quiver Dance, you fainted Gengar before the opposing Gengar has a chance to fail Destiny Bond. Destiny Bond stays active until the next turn of the player that used it. For this reason, since you raised your speed and became faster than Gengar, you attacked Gengar again before it was Gengar's turn so Destiny Bond was still in effect.

From Bulbapedia: "When Destiny Bond is used, until the user moves again, if the user faints as the direct result of an attack the attacking Pokémon also faints. If the user takes another turn (including 'inactive' turns such as those spent sleeping or flinching), the effect disappears."

Key phrase is "if the user takes another turn ... the effect disappears". Since you attacked and fainted Gengar before it was able to take its next turn, the effect did not disappear and Volcarona fainted. In the first attempt in the video, you allowed Gengar to use Destiny Bond again (aka taking another turn), which caused it to fail and the effect disappeared so when you attacked the next turn, Volcarona did not faint.

I see, makes sense. U have big brain

sign2.png