Their are some things in pokemon that are not in pro.

Benjamingale

First thing, why isn't fighting moves supper effective against normal types?

Second thing, why is earthquake doing damage to Gengar?

Hey have you ever tried fighting a normal pokes using fight type moves? It is super effective. The MOVE must be a fight type so it is super effective to normal mons.

2nd, gengar doesnt have levitate ability anymore so gengar cant dodge ground moves.

PRO is in gen 7 now.

From the day you were born, and took your first breath... I've been beside you. Be not afraid, fear not the name of the reaper.

I used scismic toss on Snorlax and it didn't do that much damage or say super effective

The damage of seismic toss depends on the user's level, it is fixed damage.

From the day you were born, and took your first breath... I've been beside you. Be not afraid, fear not the name of the reaper.

About Gengar, Gengar takes damage from earthquake because when you evolve a Haunter with Levitate ability it turns into a Gengar with Cursed Body ability so it no longer has Levitate ability.

That means it Will take damage from ground attacks

"Because if there is something worth fighting for, it is life. Extinction is forever."

First thing, why isn't fighting moves supper effective against normal types?

Second thing, why is earthquake doing damage to Gengar?

I used scismic toss on Snorlax and it didn't do that much damage or say super effective

Greetings, @BenjaminGale

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I would like inform you fighting moves makes super effective damage against normal types. What you have experienced with seismic toss is because seismic toss deals damage in relation of the level of your pokemon, so that doesnt matter if it says it was super effective or not.

Regarding why earthquake makes damage to Gengar is because the most part of the items, movesets, abilities of the pokemons are coded like in GEN 7, this means the abilities of the pokemons are like in GEN 7. In GEN 7 the ability of Gengar ''Levitate'' was changed in to ''Cursed Body'' that is why now gengar is taking damage when your rival makes Earthquake.

Please, do not hesitate in ask if you have more doubts, i will be glad to help you. Have a great day.

Nezuko

Nezuko.png