[Guide] EVs, IVs, Nature and Basic Stats - How do they work?

Bassadx

166698 i have been reading a lot of explanations about Evs. And none of them makes clear one thing ( very important) that is keeping me kinda late in this game :A certain amount of ev points, will aways be the value/4 ? Without no other factor change it ? My lv didint matter ? Shouldn't i earn all the 510 ev points before i get any lv ?

The bonus to the stat granted by EV will always be (amount of EV) / 4, because every 4 EV = +1 to stat. Nothing will change that.

It is the reason why EV spread must always be in a multiple of 4.

Whether you fill the EV before gaining a level or after, shouldn't matter.

Take this exemple. I have a metapod lv 99 without none Ev point ( was evolved with rarecandy). Then, i decide put 252 ev on def, and 252 on speed ( and whatever the other points). So, i did it by defeating metapods, and pidgeys lv 5. I didnt get any Lv in the process. When i reach lv 100, i'll still earn the 63 points ?

It should still earn them.

166709 And when you use a berrie to erase , lets say... 20 ev points. That mean you get 20 ev points to put wherever you want ? And, at lv 100, it will works just like if you havent erase anything ?

Yes.

And yes, EV reduce berries (as well as EV training) still work at level 100.

• 2 months later...

Holy crapper, I'm totally surprised that this guide is still on the front page giving the date of creation, sorry I didnt answer any question on this thread, I just stopped playing for over half a year :/

240238 How do you know what stats are better to train, are there like build guides or something? xD

Most people will just follow guides on the internet like smogon.com without even questioning "why" they chose those stats. For example, if you ask for the Nature for Venusaur, you will most definitly hear "Bold". This answer isnt wrong, but the reason why it should be bold is because of its Mega Evolution, but since PRO doesnt have them, you would be better of with another nature which utilize its basic stats more (for example "Modest" (for damage) or "Calm" (for a Special Defense-Waller)) but in the end it all comes down to your playstyle. If you want a physical attacker Venusaur, go for it, find a good one with Adamant or Jolly and reck them.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

My question to EV‘s: When I catch for example a lvl 5 pidgey, First I have to level it to lvl 99 than, evolve and then to lvl 100, Right?

But while I‘m leveling (normal method by killing wild pokemons; no rare candy), my pidgey might get already some EVs. But for example these are the wrong EVs for my pidgey,... is it possible to reset the EVs to 0 at a NPC or something?, so I can train my pokemon with the right EVs from the beginning while it reached lvl 100?

I hope that my question isn‘t too confusing ^^

Last question: When I have a lvl 5 pidgey for example that I want to level without EVs and dont wanna use rare candy, what is the best method to Level it WITHOUT getting EVs?

Edited by Pearly

My question to EV‘s: When I catch for example a lvl 5 pidgey, First I have to level it to lvl 99 than, evolve and then to lvl 100, Right?

But while I‘m leveling (normal method by killing wild pokemons; no rare candy), my pidgey might get already some EVs. But for example these are the wrong EVs for my pidgey,... is it possible to reset the EVs to 0 at a NPC or something?, so I can train my pokemon with the right EVs from the beginning while it reached lvl 100?

I hope that my question isn‘t too confusing ^^

Last question: When I have a lvl 5 pidgey for example that I want to level without EVs and dont wanna use rare candy, what is the best method to Level it WITHOUT getting EVs?

Hmm, couldnt understand the first question properly. But, evolving pokemons at the end (level close to 100) is bc of the experience that it needs to gain a level increases when the pokemon is evolved. Every pokemon has its own base experience values. When the base experience value is higher it means you need more exp to level a certain pokemon. (The amount of exp you need to level up a pokemon is proportional to the base experience value) For example, bulbasaur, ivysaur, and venusaur has an base experience value of 64, 141, 208, respectively. You can see that the base experience value doubles each evolution, which means if you evolve the pokemon it would be harder to level up the pokemon. (For more info about experience systems in PRO check out the link. https://prowiki.info/index.php?title=Experience_System)

Yes, there is a way to reduce the Ev stats of a certain pokemon. It would be said if you can't reduce the Ev stats. There are Ev reductive berries inside the game. Since, there are 6 stats in pokemon games, there are 6 berries to reduce each stats. If the a certain pokemon consumes a berry the according Ev stat is reduced by 10.

Pomeg : Hp | Kelpsy : Atk | Qualot : Def | Hondew : Spatk | Grepa : Spdef | Tamato : Spd

You can obtain them from 3 different ways. First, collecting them from trees. Second, by winning the berry tower located in rt 13 Kanto, middle of vermillion and fushia, the reward are Ev reduction berries. Last is the berry shop. After beating the Pumpkin King boss in rt 6, you can access the berry shop located at goldenrod. (You can purchase each berries 3k/ea)

Sadly there are no other ways to level up without increasing your Evs other than rc, to gain exp you have to kill other pokemons and if you do you'll gain Evs. If you dont want to consume berries, I recommend you to first Ev train your mons. Since, the max Evs you can give each pokemon is 510. (252 max in each stats) So, if you already give 510 Evs to your pokemon it won't gain additional Evs.

I hope this answered your questions well :3

GL playing PRO !!

I wish you have fun in further games !!

• Like 1

pika_cute.gif.0869c869b2988173b7bbe2704ec1122d.gif

Apply To My Lovely Guild Genesis & Reborn : Best Guild In Server!

My Wishlist : List of Pokes!

WTS Pokes : My Lovely Shop!

" My Discord Tag: imhanjoo #4712 "