Does anybody actually do the Sinnoh Underground?

Eldudorino

I usually don't run the Sinnoh Undergound because I find it to be so annoying and unrewarding. It's time-consuming, eats up money in the form of sellable items you have to give away, and you still have a good chance of being unable to solve it due to insufficient clues. For example today, I got every clue and 7 of them were "The treasure room is in the western section" while 1 of them was "The treasure room contains valuable items." That meant I had to just guess with a 1/8 chance of success. Predictably, my guess didn't work out for me.

This is why I tend to only do the Sinnoh Underground once every couple of months playing, and only then because I've forgotten how obnoxious it is. Then I go back to playing as normal without doing it. Does anybody actually do the Sinnoh Underground regularly and find it rewarding?

I've been wondering why they haven't revamped it so you at least can't be left with less than a 50% chance of solving it, or made the rewards more substantial so it feels more worthwhile to solve. What do you guys think?

I think it's meant to be a "risk vs reward" kind of deal due to how simple this mini game works, but I do agree having to give up items like Tiny Mushrooms for clues is a hinderance and there should be a better reward, because fossils are actually more easily to come by now and having other easier means of obtaining PVE points. Right now I don't see the appeal, but there is potential here.

Edit: My proposal for a change could be that instead of Tiny Mushrooms you have to give Gems of a certain kind. This way you aren't losing too much money (as most of the gems aren't being sold for much) but you still have to pay for the clues with a sort of rare item.

The reward should be: 5 PVE coins instead of 3, and a chance for a rare syncable pokemon to appear.

Edited by Darksun20
  • Like 1

It's too much time and money for little rewards. Tried it a couple of times before I got 6k discovery and only once did I saw another player down there. They need to adjust the expense/rewards.

What finally turned me off was one time all of them but 2 asked for stardust and they all gave the same direction (East). The remaining two asked for Pokemon, one gave the useless "it's full of valuables" and the other gave location ("entry hazard"). This meant I paid about 20k (not to mention my time) for a ½ chance - and I got nothing.

I could have spent that 20k to enter Historic Site, revive a fossil and catch some pokes. I do all the excavations and it's rare that I'd end the day without getting at least 1 fossil and a rare bone.